Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Arcane Wrath / Adding hacked feats to radials  (Read 1715 times)

May 09, 2018, 04:31:23 PM
  • Adept
  • thanks
    • View Profile

Hello all.  I had a question regarding a (hopefully small) modification to the PRC I could make on my end.  I'm trying to add the Jade Phoenix Arcane Wrath skill to my Duskblade, because Arcane Strike has not been added as a feat.  I added in Arcane Wrath and Jade Phoenix Spell Select in LETO, then noticed it does not show up in radials, but is in feat list.

I have not modded the PRC before, so let me make sure I'm understanding what I should or could do correctly:
1) Use nwhak to edit feat.2da and change TOOLSCATEGORIES to, say, 2, for the attack menu on both of those feats
2) Keep OnMenu=1 in cls_feat_jpm for Arcane Wrath and Spell Select ?
3) use the PRC installer on a fresh copy of the module I want so it is then loaded into the module

If this isn't how I should go about it, is there a good way I can create my own feat?  I'd prefer it if it was Arcane Strike as intended (single turn only), but I'm alright with using the one that already exists.

Thank you so much!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 05:03:00 PM by ann »

May 10, 2018, 07:42:41 AM
Reply #1

1/3)I would just add a top hak (i.e. on the top of the list in the toolset) and add the modified version of the 2da (and any other changes) to that hak. The order of the list determines priority of content with multiple instances without making it a pain to revert or risking to make the prc haks incompatible with other modules using the prc.

You can also just install the prc normally and later swap the contents of haks with modifications you made.

2) Sounds like it should work.

Also, it's possible that the feat itself has some limitations to only work with the class it was written for. I think this one does it with local variables in the tob_jpm_*.nss files inside the prc_newspellbook.hak. Those local variables are set in the tob_jpm_spell.nss so it's possible that it won't be a problem.

3) You don't need to make a fresh copy, you can add haks in the toolset or juse nwhak.exe at any time to change the already installed haks. The only problem is that some changes don't register in old save games and you need to restart the game to check if changes are working. At least that is my experience.