Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Character Creator will not finalize  (Read 2585 times)

July 20, 2019, 02:41:16 PM
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Hello~

Looking to play through my fave game of all time but it's been years and I have no idea what I'm doing. I have prc installed and everything shows up properly. I have the character creator and leto(prc) installed. When I finish creating my character in the CC and click finalize it simply loads infinitely. I am attempting to create a warlock at level 1 for SoU and onward. I thought about using Leto to make them but it is a nightmare trying to find what I need in the literally scrambled and random feats list. Any idea what I could do to get the character creator to work or any other kind of workaround?

Also I am  using the GoG diamond version. Of course I would select warlock at lvl 1 in creation normally but that is not an option ingame until after lvl1. Character Creator for prc CAN make base classes and save just fine, even when using prc races. Java is up to date, running in admin/compatibility etc. Only issue is at finalization of warlock. I've wasted all day trying to get his to work so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: As noted I have the gog diamond version, although i'd rather not dump more money into a game i have already bought a couple times before if the EE version has none of these issues just let me know, because i'd probably be willing to just dump 20$ to just play the damn game.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 02:51:14 PM by Akkiraus »

July 23, 2019, 01:58:06 PM
Reply #1

There's a known issue here that has to do with NWN:EE and NWN:Classic not always playing nice together. We'll have a fix out in 3.8 Alpha shortly. This is a testing release, not an official one, but it should resolve the issue and be stable to play with.
That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die.