Neverwinter Nights > Help

Spell Channel's OnHit Property Never Activates

(1/3) > >>

Editorial:
I'm running some tests to see where my build goes with admin commands, and I've got a Fighter 1/Wizard 6/Spell Sword 4. He's taken feats like Monkey Grip, Somatic Weaponry, Craft Magic Arms&Armor, Weapon Focus (Halberd), Power Attack, Cleave, just in case certain feats are disrupting the class feature. However, according to the class feature, I'm supposed to cast the spell directly onto the melee weapon, which functions as intended, applying a special on hit bonus to the weapon. However, when I strike an enemy successfully, the spell doesn't discharge, it only uses another Spell Channel use.

There's no real steps to replicate either: Cast, Sequencer Stores Spell, Attack, Spell Doesn't Go Off.

Any idea what might be causing this?

Stratovarius:
As seen here, it works just fine. Image

ThE LoSt BoY:
What version(s)?

3.X, etc?

Editorial:
My bad, figured it out. As Stratovarius mentioned, it functions correctly. The target has to be hostile. Any friendly fire will disrupt the scripts on difficulties other than hardcore, I guess.

Editorial:
Well, now I feel like I'm just going crazy. There must be something wrong with my install or something, because I went to fight a zombie lord in Beggar's Nest, and cast some AC buffs before using shocking grasp on my halberd. The spell stored successfully, but then when I struck the zombie, it only took physical and sonic damage, and when I tried to cast another spell on my weapon, the sequencer said it was full, but another charge was used. I figured maybe the buffs may have broken the script, because I was using Flame Weapon, but that was not the case, the steps were exactly the same.

-Cast Shocking Grasp/Fireball on Ravager +1
-Strike (HOSTILE) Target
-Damage logs show only Sonic and Physical, or only physical when I crafted a Masterwork Halberd
-Cast another spell on melee weapon, assuming it's lost its charge
-Sequencer is full
-Strike Second Hostile Target
-Still No Discharge

I have no idea what is happening.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version