Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: PRC: Permanent Movement-Speed Debuff  (Read 8172 times)

January 11, 2020, 04:29:53 PM
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Hello!

I looked for a similar topic to this and I didn't see it. I apologize if this had been solved before. I downloaded and isntalled PRC 3.8.3. for the first time in my NWN:EE. The module is GREAT (all the additions are amazing, classes and feats/manoveurs specially), but there is a bug I can not get rid of:

No matter what character I use or create, I always have a movement speed debuff on it. Even on older characters I had BEFORE installing PRC. The game starts normally, yet at the moment I "use" an armor (no matter if light, heavy or no clothes at all), I get slowed down like I was ecumbered.

I've done a little bit of research, and this also happened to many people that left a comment on PRC's steam page. No needed to say, I have way enough strenght to carry the armor. It happens even if I am naked, and I haven't found a solution for it yet, so I ask here.

Do you guys know what could be the reason, or how to fix it? I'll provide you any extra information or screenshot you need.
Thank you!

EDIT: Screenshot
https://pasteboard.co/IPwJobQ.png
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 04:33:48 PM by Rakley »

January 13, 2020, 03:00:39 PM
Reply #1

It's an adjustment by the PRC to remove an excessive speed bonus Bioware implemented that's unique to player characters. There is also the implementation of other speed alterations based on race and armour, since in D&D both of those affect speed too.
That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die.

January 18, 2020, 05:06:02 PM
Reply #2
  • Adept
    • View Profile

This is due to Bioware implementing a unique movement speed for player characters that is faster than most creatures in the game. The PRC has a function to even the playing field between NPC's and PC's in this respect. If you would rather go back to how Bioware implemented it, toggle the following switches to 0:
PRC_PNP_RACIAL_SPEED    - Controls the speed for large and smaller races.
PRC_PNP_ARMOR_SPEED    - Controls the speed for wearing heavier armor.
PRC_REMOVE_PLAYER_SPEED    - Controls unique player speed, changing it to normal speed.

March 17, 2020, 05:42:48 AM
Reply #3
  • Adept
    • View Profile

This is due to Bioware implementing a unique movement speed for player characters that is faster than most creatures in the game. The PRC has a function to even the playing field between NPC's and PC's in this respect. If you would rather go back to how Bioware implemented it, toggle the following switches to 0:
PRC_PNP_RACIAL_SPEED    - Controls the speed for large and smaller races.
PRC_PNP_ARMOR_SPEED    - Controls the speed for wearing heavier armor.
PRC_REMOVE_PLAYER_SPEED    - Controls unique player speed, changing it to normal speed.

Could you or someone else please explain where to find these "switches" and how to toggle them off?

March 25, 2020, 01:15:13 PM
Reply #4
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Could you or someone else please explain where to find these "switches" and how to toggle them off?

I was having the same problem and solved it.

Assuming the mod is installed, go to the override folder and search for a file named personal_switch.2da and open it with the notepad.

Search for the lines the other user mentioned and change the SwitchValue column from 1 to 0. Save the file and start the game. Have fun.

What are the odds that on game so old, two people would be having the same problem at a similar time, huh? I created this account just because I happened to notice you posted this this year! Lol

July 30, 2021, 10:06:22 PM
Reply #5
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Having the same problem.

I've changed the three values to 0 in the 2DA file, and the movement speed debuff is still there.
I manually changed the values to 0 in the PRC button in-game, and the movement speed debuff is still there.
I can quit and start the game even after saving the values at 0, and they are back to 1.

August 30, 2021, 10:02:36 AM
Reply #6

PRC FAQ

Q1.) What is this switches thing?
A1.) In your My Documents\Neverwinter Nights\override folder should be a file called personal_switch.2da. Edit it in notepad and change the numbers labeled 1 to 0 or otherwise as desired. Once you start the game again, you can force the changes into a current game by opening the PRC Options menu and picking "1. Alter code switches", followed by "2. Read personal_switch.2da and set switches based on it's contents". Verify that it replaced the switches as given.

Q2.) It isn't working.
A2.) Navigate to "Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\704450\1647391559\override", and delete the personal_switches.2da there. The game gets very confused if it is in more than one place and the Workshop files are loaded after the Documents files.
That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die.