Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: two handed weapons equipped as one handed?  (Read 3071 times)

August 22, 2020, 02:34:29 AM
  • Adept
    • View Profile

hi, I've noticed that after getting the PRC on both diamond and EE, all regular 2 handed weapons are equipped as 1 handed. double sided weapons are still two handed, but greatswords and the like are equipped as one handed. I know it's a feature and not a bug since they also gain a temporary damage bonus to give an extra +0.5 strength bonus, but power attacks don't give you a two handed double damage bonus anymore  :(

is there a way to revert this back to two handed animations without removing the rest of that sweet PRC content? I've read somewhere that it was done to support large character models but I don't care about that as much as I like the original two handed animation.

I've also tried to fiddle with the baseitems 2da in the override and changed both weaponwield and weaponsize to 4, but it didn't change anything in game. someone also posted a 2da fix to that on a thread here from 8 years ago but it's not hosted anymore and just gives 404 now. anyone got any insights?

thanks in advance y'all  :)

August 27, 2020, 07:20:13 AM
Reply #1

You will break the PRC by changing this.
That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die.

December 29, 2020, 10:17:15 PM
Reply #2
  • Adept
    • View Profile

If you figured out how to fix this it would be greatly appreciated if you told me how you did it. My greatsword equips as a one hander.

January 10, 2021, 01:45:21 PM
Reply #3

If you figured out how to fix this it would be greatly appreciated if you told me how you did it. My greatsword equips as a one hander.

As stated, changing this breaks the PRC. Do not do it.
That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die.