Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Question about PRC button in game, and scroll shop.  (Read 3458 times)

February 12, 2020, 10:39:44 AM
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Hello, I am new in the forum. I wanted to thank the amazing work of Stratovarius and the rest of the team.  Thanks to you, the community stays alive.

I have some questions, and I think you could help me.

I have been creating a module for a year, with the intention of establishing a persistent world. My problem is that I don't know if the option regarding buying magic scrolls can be removed in the PRC conversation. I have created different stores with all spells, and I prefer players cannot access spells simply from the radial menu, using the PRC button.

I also wish they could not access other options, except to create their own companions for leadership feats. But I think they can't be deactivated, because I searched through the switches, but I haven't found anything to disable the spell shop option, or other options in PRC's conversation.

I've only seen the switch to disable the magic component inventory.

So far I have only tried the server alone, but I imagine that all players will have access to the PRC button, and can access the spell shop, and other menu options that could be confusing for players.
I think that having a store you can access so easily, spoils the game I want to recreate. Is it possible to deactivate the PRC button for players?

I don't know if these questions have already been answered in the forum, maybe in the past, but I have searched, and I have not found anything related.

On the other hand, I am translating line by line all the lines of the tlk file, from English to Spanish. That includes all classes, spell descriptions, etc. For now I have translated more than half of the entire file, and I would like to know if PRC developers are interested in having the file translated when I'm finished. I guess I will upload it to Neverwinter Vault, but if you want to have it, I will gladly give it to you.

Hope you can answer my questions. I would be very grateful.

^_^
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 03:48:11 PM by Elorh »

February 15, 2020, 11:34:13 AM
Reply #1

RE: Translation.

I thought many previous versions had Spanish manuals. I don't know where they are (Vault, etc.) now, but it might save you a lot of time (copy-pasting) on what translation you have left.
Fermi was a Pyrokineticist

February 21, 2020, 03:54:01 PM
Reply #2
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Hello ThE LoSt BoY!

Thank you for your reply about the translation. Your message filled me with hope, but unfortunately I couldn't find any current translation at this time. When I started the project two years ago, I looked for one, because I knew there was a translation, but it had to be deleted over time.
Luckily I like to translate, and I have no problem doing it. I have all the D&D books in Spanish to help me with specific words, but if someone, by chance, discovers something about it, I will be grateful if pastes the link here.

On the other hand, about the conversation of the PRC button&options, I thought that the file of that conversation could be overwritten in a hak positioned above the main PRC haks.
I just have to find in which .hak file that conversation is located. I think it would be better to have a switch to disable those options (like the switch to disable the magic component inventory), so I post it here as an idea. ^_^

I am surprised that it does not exist, because the PRC is prepared to be played in persistent worlds, and offering a portable magic shop from the menu is quite inefficient for a long-term game, where players should look for spells in other ways.