Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: PRC + Dynamic Kobold Models  (Read 3177 times)

March 10, 2021, 11:21:28 AM
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Is it at all possible to combine PRC and the Dynamic Kobold model on Vault to have the Kobold race in PRC to display armor and the like.

I'm trying my best to figure the Toolset out, but could anyone give me some help or if it's at all possible? If what I understand is, I just need to change the appearance to use the Dynamic models for the race?

March 10, 2021, 05:44:30 PM
Reply #1

Should be possible. Would need to update racialtypes.2da to use the new appearance
That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die.

March 11, 2021, 02:46:16 PM
Reply #2
  • Adept
    • View Profile

So, If I have the .hak for the Dynamic Kobold Model, how would I go about adding it to campaign modules that I could download with PRC already included in them?

I've tried playing around with it but can't seem to get it to work. I've added the .hak with 'Appearance.2da' and the model .mdl files to the module and edited the racialtypes.2da inside prc_races.hak so that the appearance id was changed from 302 to 751 (The Dynamic Model ID in appearance.2da).

Am I going about this all wrong?

March 12, 2021, 05:57:01 AM
Reply #3

Sounds like you're doing the right thing. You'd need to pop the hak into the module via the toolset. You'd want to place it below the PRC haks.

March 12, 2021, 06:43:32 AM
Reply #4
  • Adept
    • View Profile

I keep getting a "Character Model Viewer: No model to render." issue in the customisation of the character. And trying to load it into a campaign gets the game stuck on 100% Loading Area

I'm assuming the issue I'm running into now is Appearance 751 already being assigned to something in the base nwn files, 'Gnome Scaling Male 30%'. Anyway to overwrite it, or would it just be easier to change the 751 to something that isn't assigned and create a new entry?

March 12, 2021, 07:16:55 AM
Reply #5
  • Adept
    • View Profile

I can create a Kobold NPC using the dynamic models in the toolset, but for whatever reason it doesn't want to do so in Character creation.

March 12, 2021, 02:46:44 PM
Reply #6

You'll need to move the appearance line to something not used by the base game. Sounds like there's a collision

March 13, 2021, 10:30:17 AM
Reply #7
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Can't seem to get any of this to work. I think I'm about ready to put this down now. Thanks for the help regardless.

March 19, 2021, 05:21:28 PM
Reply #8
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Figured out what was going on after taking another look. Turns out that there was only models for male characters. Copied the model files and changed the second character to 'F' rather than 'M' and it now displays the model.

But all the female models now show up as just a plain, shiny silver.

March 19, 2021, 06:32:30 PM
Reply #9

Means the textures aren't being referenced properly for them. That's beyond what I do with NWN though.