Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: So what's new!  (Read 2171 times)

May 11, 2021, 05:56:42 PM
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

Hi. Haven't played in a decade and curious about the changes...

I spent like 5 years playing NWN and wasn't at all excited about EE until I saw that the PRC and Strat were back an making new content. So I bought it today and I'm trying to remember how to do things.

But I'm also noticing some changes, which begs some questions

Was the Nymph race removed...pretty sure it was in? Anything else?

Brawlers and Anti-Palidans removed? All non-WotC content getting removed?. Did Beamdog not expand the number of classes available in the .2da file?

I saw some patch notes that mentioned many classes getting updated to use new script functions. As a broad general question what are you guys excited about? What kind of cool things can you do now that you couldn't before? Can stat increases go above 12? Is initiative still hardcoded?

Id ask these sorts of things in the beamdog forums where I'm active in the BG modding community, but NWN has always seemed so narrowly focused on creating dungeons that other content seems an afterthought unless its directly related to ...building dungeons, which doesn't interest me in the slightest.

Excited to spend hours designing new builds again!

May 12, 2021, 09:50:34 AM
Reply #1

We removed a lot of non-WotC content some years ago, yes.

And by and large not much has changed in terms of what we can do, although we've added Shadowcasting, Incarnum, Binding, and Weapons of Legacy since you last checked in, as well as a bunch more other content.

In general, we're much more active on the Discord these days than here on the forums, although I keep an eye out.
That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die.

May 13, 2021, 11:55:16 PM
Reply #2
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

Cool, thanks for the reply.

Question, is the content for the removed classes still in the haks? Or would I need to assemple it from older versions? I may want to restore a few favorites on my install.

May 14, 2021, 06:15:49 AM
Reply #3

Overwritten
That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die.