Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Questions for PNP shifter and NWNX2  (Read 6738 times)

November 25, 2012, 10:13:30 PM

I'm trying to play as the PNP shifter with the nwnx_funcs.dll.  Since the newest version of nwnx_funcs.dll (0.0.9.4.1) causes nwsever.exe to crash when loading PRC modules, I'm currently using 0.0.8.9 instead.

The stats bonus of shifting looks fine.  However, the only problem is: if you are playing a char with prc new race, then when you polymorph to another shape, the race will be changed!  For example, if you are playing rakshasa, then after you polymorph, your race will become outsider.

This won't happen when I'm playing without using NWNX.  So I'm quite lost.  Do you have any clue for what's the problem?  Thanks a lot.

November 26, 2012, 09:22:01 AM
Reply #1
  • Developer
    • View Profile

I'm trying to play as the PNP shifter with the nwnx_funcs.dll.  Since the newest version of nwnx_funcs.dll (0.0.9.4.1) causes nwsever.exe to crash when loading PRC modules, I'm currently using 0.0.8.9 instead.

The stats bonus of shifting looks fine.  However, the only problem is: if you are playing a char with prc new race, then when you polymorph to another shape, the race will be changed!  For example, if you are playing rakshasa, then after you polymorph, your race will become outsider.

This won't happen when I'm playing without using NWNX.  So I'm quite lost.  Do you have any clue for what's the problem?  Thanks a lot.

This is an experimental feature; I thought it had been removed, but apparently not. When you shift into a new form, you get the race of the new form. You should revert to your original race when you unshift.

November 26, 2012, 09:34:20 PM
Reply #2

This is an experimental feature; I thought it had been removed, but apparently not. When you shift into a new form, you get the race of the new form. You should revert to your original race when you unshift.

That's not what happened on my computer.  The behavior of polymorph on my computer (with NWNX) is:

(1)The initial race of the PC is "Rakshasa".  Then if he is shifting to a human.

(2)After it shifts, the race shown on the character static board turns to "outsider" immediately.  This won't change even if he shifts back to his real form.

November 27, 2012, 11:12:14 AM
Reply #3

That's not what happened on my computer.  The behavior of polymorph on my computer (with NWNX) is:

(1)The initial race of the PC is "Rakshasa".  Then if he is shifting to a human.

(2)After it shifts, the race shown on the character static board turns to "outsider" immediately.  This won't change even if he shifts back to his real form.

Rakshasa are outsiders though.  Is your rak PC not getting the human racial type when you shift into a human?
HEATSTROKE

November 27, 2012, 02:35:06 PM
Reply #4

Rakshasa are outsiders though.  Is your rak PC not getting the human racial type when you shift into a human?

Nope.

If I'm playing with NWNX, then when the rakashasa PC shift into a human, his race will become "ountsider".

If I'm playing without NWNX, then his race will stay in rakashasa.

I'm playing PRC 3.5 now.

November 28, 2012, 11:24:55 AM
Reply #5
  • Developer
    • View Profile

Nope.

If I'm playing with NWNX, then when the rakashasa PC shift into a human, his race will become "ountsider".

If I'm playing without NWNX, then his race will stay in rakashasa.

I'm playing PRC 3.5 now.

Here's an earlier thread on a similar topic: http://prc.athasreborn.com/index.php?topic=1511.msg6590#msg6590.

Note that some way down the thread I describe how to remove the PnP Shifter race-change feature from prc. The following posts discuss consequences of removing the feature (not many). Since you're having problems with it, I suggest you remove it.