Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Incantatrix and/or Initiate of the Sevenfold Veil  (Read 10949 times)

December 26, 2012, 03:07:21 PM
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Is it possible to add these?
I guess Incantatrix is possible, not easy though.

IotSV seems impossible, but I had to ask, I love the class. =D

December 26, 2012, 05:22:26 PM
Reply #1

Is it possible to add these?
I guess Incantatrix is possible, not easy though.

IotSV seems impossible, but I had to ask, I love the class. =D

Huh...Lemme think. What books are those from?
The eventual creator of the PRC Incarnum System!
23rd highest post count and counting!

December 26, 2012, 07:15:32 PM
Reply #2
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

Found in:
Incantatrix -> 3.5, Magic of Faerun, pg 31; web search points to the 3.0 version being int he 3.0 Magic of Faerun book, but I don't have that so can't confirm.

Initiate of the Sevenfold Veil -> 3.5, Complete Arcane, pg 44

I had recently looked at IofSFV myself for conversion but deemed it a bit too difficult for my own skills in converting to NWN. I felt the difficulty was in coding the warding, of course; some restrictions like 'can't force another creature into it' become difficult to implement in NWN, as well as 'creatures attacking thru the veil', since there are no tests for attacks that are made that miss the target. It might be possible to approximate these things, but the class seems like it would not convert smoothly and would be subject to many 'approximations'. That's purely my opinion of course!

Looking at the 3.5 Incantatrix, I'm not sure that an extra prohibited school is possible to do. Possibly its not possible on the front side (i.e. can't prevent taking the spells), but maybe on the back side the spells from the prohibited school can be made to auto-fail if cast by the Incantatrix.

With a brief look at the other abilities it seems like See / Strike Ethereal would have to be converted to something else.

I don't know how Instant Metamagic or Improved Metamagic would work - if the spell level incrementation is hard coded somewhere for the core NWN classes, I'd suspect that the ability would only be able to be made to work with the PRC Spellbook.

Not trying to be a downer, but those certainty look to be some tough classes to convert!

Yo,
ATalsen

December 27, 2012, 07:58:41 AM
Reply #3
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Thanks for the reply Atalsen.

PRC has enough classes to keep me busy for quite a long time yet, so it's ok.
 ;D

December 27, 2012, 10:28:14 PM
Reply #4

Looking at the 3.5 Incantatrix, I'm not sure that an extra prohibited school is possible to do.

Doesn't the Red Wizard of Thay have an extra restricted spell school?
HEATSTROKE

January 06, 2013, 02:33:21 AM
Reply #5
  • Adept
    • View Profile

In pnp they get an extra prohibited school.
Our apparently doens't get it (didn't see anything on the description and didnt try the class yet).

January 07, 2013, 02:27:58 AM
Reply #6

In pnp they get an extra prohibited school.
Our apparently doens't get it (didn't see anything on the description and didnt try the class yet).

I have played with a Red Wizard before, and it is implemented in the PRC, it gets taken as a feat to determine which spell school is prohibited.

January 07, 2013, 08:00:22 AM
Reply #7

I have played with a Red Wizard before, and it is implemented in the PRC, it gets taken as a feat to determine which spell school is prohibited.

If that's the case, that means, hopefully, that it's just one more piece of code we can recycle instead of writing whole cloth.
The eventual creator of the PRC Incarnum System!
23rd highest post count and counting!

January 08, 2013, 07:35:27 AM
Reply #8

If that's the case, that means, hopefully, that it's just one more piece of code we can recycle instead of writing whole cloth.

Check out the PRC manual Red Wizard of Thay entry, the feats will be listed under the Feats Become Selectable column.

January 08, 2013, 05:39:29 PM
Reply #9
  • Adept
    • View Profile