Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: DM Possession  (Read 4557 times)

January 25, 2013, 07:19:57 PM
  • Adept
    • View Profile

It seems that when I'm possessing an NPC with a PRC class as the DM I have no access to their PRC abilities. I've done this with the Templar and Psion and their special abilities tab is empty. Am I doing something wrong? Is there any way to use these classes as a DM?

I have given these characters their abilities manually through the toolset. 

January 25, 2013, 09:24:56 PM
Reply #1

It seems that when I'm possessing an NPC with a PRC class as the DM I have no access to their PRC abilities. I've done this with the Templar and Psion and their special abilities tab is empty. Am I doing something wrong? Is there any way to use these classes as a DM?

I have given these characters their abilities manually through the toolset.

I don't think that will work.  I know Epic Spells don't work either.

Have you tried leveling up a regular PC & converting it to a DM Avatar?
HEATSTROKE

January 26, 2013, 10:40:30 AM
Reply #2
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Ok, so I actually got this to work. Seems like you have to give the NPC 1 level in the Commoner class in his first class slot. So you put his classes in the 2nd and 3rd slots. This has the downside of only letting you setup NPCs with 2 classes but the prc classes do seem to work.

Also, when first using an ability from the NPC he will get the PRC Skin and Hide items and then you will have to force rest them so they can actually cast their spells.

Hope this helps some other people running into the same problem. While the AI can't use most Prc stuff, you should be able to use it against the players as the DM.

Fake Edit: I only tested this with the templar so I may be wrong about it working on other classes.

January 26, 2013, 09:48:58 PM
Reply #3

Ok, so I actually got this to work. Seems like you have to give the NPC 1 level in the Commoner class in his first class slot. So you put his classes in the 2nd and 3rd slots. This has the downside of only letting you setup NPCs with 2 classes but the prc classes do seem to work.

Also, when first using an ability from the NPC he will get the PRC Skin and Hide items and then you will have to force rest them so they can actually cast their spells.

Hope this helps some other people running into the same problem. While the AI can't use most Prc stuff, you should be able to use it against the players as the DM.

Fake Edit: I only tested this with the templar so I may be wrong about it working on other classes.

Interesting, it only works with Commoner as the first class?
HEATSTROKE

January 28, 2013, 10:15:17 PM
Reply #4
  • Adept
    • View Profile

I think so, yes. But I'm not very sure, first class option seems to affect it anyway. I think it may have to do with the Commoner class disabling a menu in the wheel that was causing this issue(the horse menu?). Honestly, I have absolutely no idea why it works.