Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Three spells--and moreso their enchanted items us rogues/ninjas would appricate!  (Read 5132 times)

July 01, 2009, 07:14:07 PM

Oi.

Anyway... ^.^ You lovely folks implemented the ninja. So how about some of the more useful spells for the rogue/ninja classes ever made?

Grave Strike (Can sneak attack undead) (Wiz/Sorc 1)
Golem Strike (Can sneak attack constructs) (Cleric/Paladin/Favored soul 1)
Vine Strike (Can sneak attack plant-creatures) (Druid/Ranger 1

They're all Swift spells lv1 that have a duration of 1 round.

These are all from the Complete Adventurer WotC book. ^.^

I actually can't imagine it'd be too hard to implement them. Hijack some of the Favored Enemy code... a little from sneak attack. Work together checking how much to do... Not exactly the original wording, but same effective effect...

I might actually give a try at coding it XD but I'm a terrible programmer. Don't actually know where/how to add a spell... suppose I might try learning xD

Edit: It strikes me some consideration for the Hand of the Winged Masters speical ability to switch out sneak attack damage would also be necessary... Just noting it. XD

Edit2: The enchantments that go with this are the greater Truedeath Crystal(weaponslot crystal... *sighs* hate that weird system) and Demolition crystal, both from the magic item compendium. There's also a +1 enchant based on ghost touch, and undead to death(not sure which book that's in, looking it up) that for +! bonus cost gives you effectively ghost touch and sneak attack/crits to undead. *shrugs* undead are the irritating ones.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 07:28:19 PM by RogueThunder »

July 01, 2009, 10:25:38 PM
Reply #1
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Ooo, those do sound handy, Grave Strike particularly. If only I could code, then I'd be whipping out races, classes,  and who knows what, right and left. *sighs* Unfortunately I'm left to pester others with all my questions.
"It is one of those lessons that every child should learn: Don't play with fire, sharp objects, or ancient artifacts." -Wardwick Hurog

July 13, 2009, 12:27:40 PM
Reply #2

That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die.

July 15, 2009, 07:41:35 PM
Reply #3

Quote from: Stratovarius

They aren't possible in NWN, really.

Even with a custom OnHit that sorted out the extra damage applied to the weapon?
HEATSTROKE

July 15, 2009, 07:51:44 PM
Reply #4

It won't count as a sneak attack, however, and that means other items won't trigger when they should.

July 16, 2009, 12:43:40 AM
Reply #5
    • View Profile

I thought Skullclan Hunter is able to sneak on undead... How was this made?

July 16, 2009, 07:38:15 AM
Reply #6

It's a damage bonus, but things like the stun on sneak and such don't trigger. And you couldn't death attack, and so on. A lot of the functionality of sneak is missing.