Neverwinter Nights > Character Builds

Can't take Lich template from True Necromancer prestige class?

(1/1)

Daelomin:
I was playing around with a build for my next playthrough and was dismayed to find out that, for some reason, I cannot take the Lich template once I gain 6th level arcane/divine spells with my 3 Wiz/3 Clr/X TN.

Is this a design flaw? Or is there some rule limitation that I'm not aware of that won't allow me to take the Lich template once I've reached sufficient TN level?  If it is a design flaw and I SHOULD be able to take the template, what do I have to edit to be able to do it?

Thanks for any help!

Edit: forgot to mention, in case anyone asks, that I do have all the other prereqs for the Lich template (Craft Wondrous Item, no levels in Baelnorn, any non-good).

Edit 2: since posting this I've discovered how to apply the Lich template using the PRC Options ability. Previously I had been attempting to take the Lich "template class" upon leveling up, which I guess wasn't allowed  due to NWNs 3 class limit. However, something still seems wrong. Upon applying the template I appear to gain certain things, such as +2 to Int, Wis, and Cha, +5 nat armour bonus, and some abilities like Alter Self, certain immunities, etc.

However, for some reason my HP and Con don't change at all, even though my feat list now includes "undead hit dice", which is apparently supposed to add +12 Con. Furthermore, I don't get any kind of Create Lich Items ability so I can't create a phylactery. Are yu not supposed to create lich items with the template method? How do I go about solving the Con/HP problem?

Thanks!

marohair39:
As far as i'm aware, the Lich prc is the only one that allows you to create Lich items/craft (soul gems/phylactery) to further your your  lichdom each level while the template, allows you to get the whole thing at once, instead of bonuses level by level as the prc. Same for demiliches.

so with your build (3 classes) you can only go for the template.

As for the HP, did you try to remove your armor and re-equipe it again ? should change your hp (cons become green)

Calirion:
Daelomin, you are correct that you can't take the lich class because of the three class limit.

The lich template has different prereqs. You need 11 levels of arcane or divine caster. Your build should meet that requirement unless the levels don't increment properly when two classes are involved. However, where the lich class just needed you to not be good, the lich template requires that you be evil. Could that be an issue? It also requires that you not be from a monstrous race, whereas the class didn't attach a racial restriction.

Manohair is correct; unequipping or re-equipping anything gives you the constitution bonus and certain undead abilities (death immunity, immunity to crit hits, sneak attack, etc.) You also need to re-equip after resting each time to restore those elements.

After 21 levels of either divine or arcane caster, you can become a demilich.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version