Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Arcane Archer redesigning  (Read 3701 times)

June 12, 2015, 06:37:45 PM

As i see it, Arcane Archer seems to be a bit not-that-cool. It sounds cool, but otherwise does not exactly do a lot. I want to change that.

I wanted to change this one feat; Imbue Arrow, with Materialize Arrow. Materialize arrow will create a custom arrow for the Player that can be used, up to 99 charges translating to 99 arrows per day. It can be a Non-elemental or Elemental-Imbued-Arrow that uses 9 charges per 1 ammo. Each level increases the arrow power. The first level is free, but the next levels that which improves arrow power must be chosen.

There is another Feat. "Materialize Elemental Arrows" that which allow the player to materialize special arrows imbued with spells that consumes 9 charge for 1 ammo.

Materialize Arrows, Levels 1 - 11.

"A character of this feat is able to materialize non-elemental enchanted arrows at a set amount per day. The arrows cannot be stacked more than the set amount. Can Materialize (9 x Feat Level) arrows per day. If the arrow is removed from the equipment slot, it is removed and can be materialized again.

Can be leveled 10 more times, with each level increases arrow level."

[Materialize Elemental Arrows] = Prerequisite: Materialize Arrows

"A character with this feat is able materialize different types of arrows.

These elemental arrows have elemental damage bonus, Extra Piercing Damage, and On Hit Cast Spell effect. The amount is shared among arrow types.

Can materialize elemental arrows such as Fire Arrows imbued with Fireball spell, Ice Arrows imbued with Freeze spell, Lightning Arrow with Scintillating Sphere spell, Sonic Arrow with Great Thunderclap spell, and Divine Arrows with Hammer of the Gods spell.

Gives 1 ammo per 3 charges of Materialize Arrow. If another arrow is chosen to be materialized, the previous materialized arrow is removed from the arrow slot, and replaced by the new type of materialized arrow of the same amount as the amount of the preceeding materialized arrow."

Arrow Types:

Arrow: +0/+1/+2/+3/+4/+5/+6/+7/+8/+9 Piercing Damage, extra piercing damage. Model 1 - 2 - 3, Color 1 - 2 - 2.
Fire Arrow: - +2 to +20 Fire Damage, On Hit: Fireball [Level 1 to 10], extra piercing damage. Model 2 - 2 - 3, Color 3 - 3 - 3.
Ice Arrow: +2 to +20 Cold Damage, On Hit: Freeze [Level 1 to 10], extra piercing damage. Model 2 - 2 - 3, Color 1 - 3 - 1.
Lightning Arrow: +2 to +20 Electric Damage, On Hit: Scintillating Sphere [Level 1 to 10], extra piercing damage. Model 2 - 2 - 3, Color 2 - 3 - 3.
Sonic Arrow: +2 to +20 Sonic Damage, On Hit: Great Thunderclap [Level 1 to 10], extra piercing damage. Model 2 - 2 - 3, Color 1 - 3 - 3.
Divine Arrow: +2 to +20 Sonic Damage, On Hit: Hammer of the Gods [Level 1 to 10], extra piercing damage. Model 2 - 2 - 3, Color 2 - 3 - 2.

How it works :

The Imbue Arrow spell will be replaced by a radial sub-menu, with 6 different icons, but with exactly the same remaining charges. Upon cast, the current arrow equipped will be unequipped, and replaced by a "Materialized" arrow. If that equipped Materialized Arrows is unequipped, it doesn't go to your inventory, but is gone. Note, the arrow count doesn't go down when it is unequipped and then removed in your inventory.

While the ability shows the remaining charges, it can be cast infinitely unless the "Materialize " icon is at zero. The remaining charges only shows the remaining amount you can materialize 99 non-elemental arrows, 11 for elemental arrows, and goes down with every materialized arrows used.

MY REQUEST:

Well, i don't know how to script at all, i know a bit of programming but not Neverwinter Nights. I assume that this can be done using the script of Unlimited Ammo for the longbow, but maybe not, i am not sure. So it would be nice if i could ask someone to make this for me; editing the feats and skills and things.

Otherwise, please help me in doing this.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 06:41:35 PM by The6thMessenger »

June 17, 2015, 07:56:26 PM
Reply #1

Makes me wish I was a coder.

For Divine Arrow, did you mean Divine damage? "Sonic" was listed.
Fermi was a Pyrokineticist