Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: About securing my server  (Read 7671 times)

February 18, 2016, 10:34:27 PM

Hello all,

Im the host of Athas Reborn and i want to know if any tutorial existe to do what we can find on the link here:http://forum.bioware.com/topic/226995-securing-your-server-without-master-server-authentication/ or can i find something who can fit with the PRC creator.

Thank you.

February 19, 2016, 07:43:53 AM
Reply #1
    • View Profile

We are talking about PRC ConvoCC, right? What type of database do you use?

I could modify the scripts, but at the moment i can not test the result...

February 19, 2016, 09:13:27 AM
Reply #2

Yes its for PRC ConvoCC and i use mySQL .Ill test the result.

Thank you.

February 19, 2016, 12:27:28 PM
Reply #3
    • View Profile

OK, I need some help. How would you like it to work? There's an OnEnter script, and a conversation for adding new key. ConvoCC is only launched for new characters. So I can not put that code there, because if someone wanted to add new cd key, he would have to make new character, go through ConvoCC, log out and log in with different key.

February 19, 2016, 01:05:00 PM
Reply #4

I think the best it could be a conversation for add cd key after character's creation,i could place it in the area called the grey because players need to lvlup
before enter the world.

Thank you for taking your time to help.

February 19, 2016, 02:34:43 PM
Reply #5
    • View Profile

I have added the script from FunkySwerve to PRC Pack (updated the svn). Compiled scripts ready for testing in attachment.

I have added new switch - PRC_PW_SECURITY_CD_CHECK, you'll have to manually set it in your module to 1

The verification is made in OnEnter event. When the switch is set, an extra script is executed that performs the check and adds keys to database (it should work both with bio db and mysql/sqlite).

If a player needs to add new cd key - he'll have to use PRC Options feat, go to 'Miscellaneous options'. There is a new option there. As I said before - I can not test the script in game. It compiled without errors so it should be OK, but can't guarantee anything.

February 19, 2016, 04:42:45 PM
Reply #6

Awesome thank you very much ill give feedback after a try.

Thank you Sir!

February 20, 2016, 07:18:34 PM
Reply #7

Im not sure if i installed that correctly.I created the switch and i drag and drop the scripts in the module by the toolset directly in the scripts section.I try it and nothing happen.I log in with same name's account with different password and i could use the character.So im sure i need your brightness in those situation.

Thank you.

February 20, 2016, 07:30:27 PM
Reply #8
    • View Profile

You will have to put the ncs files int the top hak for your module. It won't work the way you described because scripts in hak files have higher priority over scripts in mod files.

Edit: you can even put them in prc_2das.hak because it's higher on the hak list than prc_scripts.hak
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 07:32:24 PM by xwarren »

February 20, 2016, 09:39:11 PM
Reply #9

I added the resources in the ar_prc3_2da.hak.After i relog with the character i can read in the combat window "aquired item"hide token"but i relog with same account's name and i change the pass word and i can use the character.Ok ill try in the PRC_2das.Hak

I forgot to change the cd key hehehe another test.

I can log in with another cd-key with same account's name.Nothing looks like locked.I created a character log in back after creation got the aquired item:hide token.And change computer after,i use the account with another cd-key.

After 3 try i got booted after enter the world,i took the same character with different cd-key and i need to recreated the character after that i can enter the module.

Ill do another test at the morning,at 00:41 am its bed time.

P.S.Sorry for my grammatical error,english is my second language.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 12:43:03 AM by The Deatheart »

February 21, 2016, 04:28:21 AM
Reply #10
    • View Profile

I attached same scripts but with debug messages. I hope these will help with tracking the problem.

February 21, 2016, 04:34:09 PM
Reply #11

Thank you ill try.

February 27, 2016, 09:43:16 PM
Reply #12

Ok i see my problems i didnt follow all your instruction and right now its what im doing update the svn etc after all that ill be able to give feedback sorry
for my inexperience.