Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Psionics & Standard NWN AI scripts  (Read 5095 times)

March 10, 2010, 10:02:13 AM

I've been playing around with putting some of the psionic abilities on various creatures on Athas.  I've always heard that they don't work with the AI, but I have found that to be somewhat untrue.  It seems like some of the abilities the AI has no problems using & some of the abilities they never use.  When assigning powers I always choose the first version of it on the list.  For example the Beasthead Giants love hitting PCs with Ultrablast & any creature that has been assigned Ego Whip seems to use it to good effect.  I've also seen creatures use Thicken Skin & a couple other defensive feats.  Psychic crush seems to be used, but I've never seen it have any effect.  I've never seen any of them use Astral Construct.  None of these creatures have psion levels or PSPs

Does anyone know why the standard AI likes using some of these powers & not others?  Will the AI fire off any of the new spells?
HEATSTROKE

March 12, 2010, 03:15:06 PM
Reply #1

No one has anything to add to this?
HEATSTROKE

March 13, 2010, 02:09:47 PM
Reply #2

NPC/Creature types tend to not fire PRC related scripted abilities properly a lot of times.  So you'll pretty much have to learn which ones are safe and which ones aren't and go from there.