Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: How can I increase Astral Construct Duration?  (Read 5309 times)

November 03, 2011, 01:11:27 PM

Help how can I increase duration of Astral Construct to 24 hours similar to how NWN has the summon monster  line at 24 hr duration even though it is rounds/lvl in PnP. 

Also Psions should get a Psicrystal that is equivalent in power to the wizard familiar.  Is there any way to do that or to even give them a familiar somehow?

November 04, 2011, 06:50:05 AM
Reply #1
    • View Profile

You have to edit DoAstralConstructCreation() function in psi_inc_ac_manif.nss (prc_include.hak) and recompile psi_ast_con_man.nss with this modified include.

November 04, 2011, 04:51:01 PM
Reply #2

Oh thanks.  I'm new to this.  I found the file you were talking about using NWN explorer but I couldn't edit it in that so I opened it with notepad and ctrl F'd it to find it in there.  I'm not sure exactly how I'm supposed to edit it.  Where it says
  // Get the constructs duration. 1 round / level. Metapsionic Extend can be applied.
 Am I just supposed to change that to    // Get the constructs duration. 24 Hours. Metapsionic Extend can be applied.

Also not sure about recompiling.  Does that just mean to run the PRC module updater program again or is there some other program for that?

Thanks

Edit: So I think the Get construct duration line is just a description.  Does that mean I need to change the fDur value? 
float fDur = 6.0 * GetManifesterLevel(manif.oManifester);
    if(manif.bExtend)
        fDur *= 2;

I'm notsure what to change the 6.0 to or the 2 to or how to figure out what those mean.

I found the PRC Script Compiler Tool.  I am having problems getting that to run.  I saw some helpful comments on the download page that said to make a .cmd file in the same folder as the nwnnsscomp.exe.  So I did that creating a cmd file that says

CD H:\Games\NWN\Neverwinter Nights Diamond Edition\modules\temp0
H:\Games\NWN\Neverwinter Nights Diamond Edition\utils\nwnnsscomp.exe -cego *.nss
CD ..
PAUSE

but I get the error H:\Games\NWN\Neverwinter' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file and I'm not sure what to do with that.

// Summons the specified Astral Construct at the given location
// Handling of the flags (other than the Buff series) is done
// in the creature's OnSpawn eventscript
void DoAstralConstructCreation(struct manifestation manif, location locTarget, int nACLevel,
                               int nOptionFlags, int nResElemFlags, int nETchElemFlags, int nEBltElemFlags)
{
    // Get the resref for the AC
    string sResRef = GetResRefForConstruct(nACLevel, nOptionFlags);

// Get the constructs duration. 1 round / level. Metapsionic Extend can be applied.
    float fDur = 6.0 * GetManifesterLevel(manif.oManifester);
    if(manif.bExtend)
        fDur *= 2;

// Add in 1 round of duration to account for AI disorientation in the beginning
    fDur += 6.0f;

/* Until Bioware "fixes" Jasperre's multisummon trick, AC are added as genuine summons instead of henchies
    // We need to make sure that we can add the new construct as henchman
    int nMaxHenchmen = GetMaxHenchmen();
    SetMaxHenchmen(TEMP_HENCH_COUNT);

// Add the AC as henchman
    object oConstruct = CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, sResRef, locTarget);
    AddHenchman(oManifester, oConstruct);

// And set the max henchmen count back to original, so we won't mess up the module
    SetMaxHenchmen(nMaxHenchmen);

*/

« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 12:41:52 AM by Mookie1171 »