Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Wizard/Shadow Adept/Archmage  (Read 5639 times)

June 13, 2009, 03:36:33 AM

Hi, I was thinking about getting your spell DC (esspecially for necromancy and intant death spells) as high as possible. Now both Shadow Adept and Archmage have spell power feats and i was wondering, do these effects stack?

Then you could take something like wizard 5/archmage 5/ shadow adept 30 with epic spell focus on necromancy + the spell power feats of both classes.

June 13, 2009, 04:40:22 AM
Reply #1
    • View Profile

Archmage's Spell Power gives you bonus to your caster level (this helps with checks made to overcome spell resistance, duration of the spell and other level dependent effects). It doesn't change the DC of your spells.

I think, that if you want the highest possible DC, you should try Wizard 5/Shadow Adept 5/Red Wizard of Thay 30 (+16 to DC, i think)
(I would sacrifice +1 DC for cool SA abilities and made build like this: wizard 5/shadow adept 7/red wizard of thay 28)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 04:42:28 AM by xwarren »

June 13, 2009, 06:04:35 AM
Reply #2

Mmm I didn't see that :P Now i have to revise my build (i'm playing avariel so Red Wizard is not really an option)

I was thinking about taking a lich or baelnorn, demi lich is pretty cool, but is quite hefty on the caster levels you lose. What would make an intresting combination? Wizard/Shadow Adept/baelnorn (not considering the allignment requirements) or Wizard/Shadow Adept/lich  (all 10 levels of course).
Is a demi-lich actually feasable with its  high costs in a campaign?

June 13, 2009, 07:50:29 AM
Reply #3

Demilich is the strongest class, but paying out the gold and experience can be costly sometimes. Depends on the campaign if its feasible or not. HotU for instance, it isn't.
That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die.