Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: "Blocking" Spells  (Read 4222 times)

March 06, 2011, 06:37:37 PM
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Hello everyone.

Fairly new to custom content, but looking for some help adding the PRC to an existing persistent world. I've got some help and have a pretty good idea how to limit the classes, prestige classes, and feats available through editting the 2da.

I was told spells, however, is more complicated but not how so.  I assume it means it isn't so easy as a simple 2da edit.

To clarify, some of the spells are too powerful or don't fit the server's lore so we don't  want them available or selectable by players. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Alex

March 07, 2011, 03:41:35 AM
Reply #1
    • View Profile

Quote from: Aleron

Hello everyone.

Fairly new to custom content, but looking for some help adding the PRC to an existing persistent world. I've got some help and have a pretty good idea how to limit the classes, prestige classes, and feats available through editting the 2da.

I was told spells, however, is more complicated but not how so.  I assume it means it isn't so easy as a simple 2da edit.

To clarify, some of the spells are too powerful or don't fit the server's lore so we don't  want them available or selectable by players. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Alex

If the spell you would like to disable is present only on bio-classes spell-lists (bard, cleric, druid, paladin, ranger, sorcerer, wizard) than it's only simple 2da edit - just add '****' in a correct spells.2da column. But if that spell is also used by one of our new-spellbook classes it gets a bit complicated. You will have to remove it form class spellbook (that's 5(?) different 2das) and i'm not even sure it will work because some of those 2das are cached in the database, so your players might be able to select those spells, but won't be able to use them ;p

It really depends on spell you want to disable.

March 08, 2011, 12:37:26 PM
Reply #2
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile
    • http://deepingdale.proboards.com/index.cgi?

there used to be a switch for doing exactly this. Not sure if its still thee but if it hasnt been removed i recall using it some years ago to block things like anti magic field which destroyed items off DMs

March 08, 2011, 05:31:06 PM
Reply #3
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Thanks for the input.

I had wondered if that was the case or not. Question on the spellbook for the "new" classes then...is it possible to just remove the conversation option so it couldn't be selected? I might be missing something major mind you.

Dsabrae, if you or anyone can give more information on that possible it would be a huge help. I'm currently editting the classes/races so I do have some time before I start on the spells so hammering out how to remove from the custom classes seems important. That or we are going to have to alter the spells themselves which I suspect will be scripting editting and a lot of work as well.

Appreciate the help thus far!