Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Regarding Word of Changing/Baleful Polymorph  (Read 3406 times)

March 21, 2011, 02:27:16 AM
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Curious on these spells and effects and hoping someone can clarify for me what exactly they do. Are they a forced polymorph? Do they wear off? Are the stat changes permanent?

Basically why I'm asking is we are thinking of including these in our persistent world and I'm wary of them. They sound really powerful and I have to consider what would happen if a player used this on another PC. What would happen? How long would it last? Is it actually as it reads? Permanency makes me a bit worried about them.

Thanks for the help!

March 21, 2011, 03:21:03 PM
Reply #1
    • View Profile

Quote from: Aleron

Curious on these spells and effects and hoping someone can clarify for me what exactly they do. Are they a forced polymorph? Do they wear off? Are the stat changes permanent?

Basically why I'm asking is we are thinking of including these in our persistent world and I'm wary of them. They sound really powerful and I have to consider what would happen if a player used this on another PC. What would happen? How long would it last? Is it actually as it reads? Permanency makes me a bit worried about them.

Thanks for the help!

It seems that those spells were never implemented completely.

Yes, they are forced polymorph - they will change target into a chicken, and target HPs will be reduced to 10 :D.

Baleful Polymorph is semi-permanent - the effect will last until the caster rests, but there is no second save (was never implemented? dk) so there are only stat changes from polymorph effect.

no other effects