Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: I'm trying to make passive feat...  (Read 2890 times)

May 02, 2016, 10:18:22 PM
  • Adept
    • View Profile

I'm trying to make a passive feat very similar to how the PRC "Track" feat works: +1 to Listen, Spot and Search Skills.

I've made the entry in feats.2da.
Added it to a CLS_FEAT_*.2da (When creating that class it appears and is listed under the Feats Tab.)
I've created a constant in prc_scripts/prc_feat_const.nss
Duplicated the code in prc_scripts/prc_feats.nss

I have a working compiler, or at least I can compile simple nss scripts, but I can't compile prc_feats.nss.  I can compile ~200 of the ~1200 nss files extracted from prc_scripts.hak.  The changes themselves have no errors but even if I do nothing to the extracted files I can't recompile them!

The compiler just says "Error: NSC1085" and there are no entries in google for "Neverwinter NSC1085"!

May 22, 2016, 12:27:07 PM
Reply #1

If I were you, I would try to compile through NWN toolset by adding the script (when module is loaded, you can add material  to them through temp folder) into a test module and looking about bugs.

June 20, 2016, 09:57:29 AM
Reply #2
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

Bioware's compiler can't handle the amount of stuff the PRC adds. There's another one floating around that can - pretty sure it goes by the name of nwnnsscomp.exe, though I forget the author.

So you can't compile in the toolset any more. But that is just how it has to be.