Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: getting list out of bounds error when attempting to modify feats in LETO PRC.  (Read 3221 times)

July 29, 2016, 10:02:19 PM
  • Adept
    • View Profile

It seems to work fine for some characters but not others. it worked fine for my dragonfire adept until recently (lever 15 or so), and wont work at all for my level 1 warblade. any suggestions? Some google searches seem to indicate it might be due to a "hide token" added to the character in the module. any way of getting rid of this?

Thank you in advance,
LT

July 30, 2016, 08:31:05 AM
Reply #1

You will have to do that manually. A bit tedious, but do-able.

Click Menu->Tools->Adv Editor (brings up text list)

Scroll down to Feat List & hit the plus sign to expand the list.

You should see a bunch of "Entry #" with an expandable plus sign on the left.

Pick say the last entry # and tick the plus sign. You should see something like this:
Top Line:    Entry {some number1}      ENTRY              1
Next Line    Feat                                UNIT16           [Some number2]

The Some number2 is the feat number it is pointing to. If you want to change it, just change Some number2 to what you want.

To get that number I go to the Manual, Click Feat, then All Feats (Top right) and do a search (or scroll down to the feat you want), then click it.

If you wanted the Acetokineticist feat, it would give you an url that looks like this:
http://www.athasreborn.com/prc/manual/english/content/class_feats/2850.html

At the time that list was published, that feat was 2850. I am pretty sure that list is out of date, bc a lot of the Psion based feats didn't work. If those numbers are out of date, you'll have to get those from xwarren or other coder.

If you want to add a new feat, you'll have to go to the top of the list and right click on Feat List->New Entry. Then scroll down to the last feat and right click on "Entry {some number 1]" and select "New Element." Right click on "New Element" and use Rename. Change "New Element"  to "Feat." Right click on Feat and hit Change Type. Use the drop down and select UINT16. Then right click Feat and Click Edit Value. Type in the feat number you want.

When you are done, right click on anywhere on the white space to the right of the Value and save it.

In this example, I used the last entry. If you want to swap one for another, you will have to hit the plus sign for all feats and cross reference the feat number with the feat you want to change. Unless the feat you want to get rid of prevents doing something important, I generally just add the new one. I think (??) the list is generally done in order of feat selection, so Lev1 feats are at the beginning and L39's later. It has been a while, but that's what I recall.

There is a Feat List under the "Explain" pane, but it is likely out of date.

As long as you have the right feat number(s), that should work.

Hope it works.

Another ref on the subject:
http://prc.athasreborn.com/index.php/topic,26.msg4581.html#msg4581
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 08:35:18 AM by ThE LoSt BoY »
Fermi was a Pyrokineticist

August 01, 2016, 07:49:56 PM
Reply #2
  • Adept
    • View Profile

thank you for the info! I will see if I can manage to edit it without messing up the file.

thanks again!