Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Scouts' Skirmish ability does not seem to work with ranged weapons  (Read 4850 times)

June 08, 2017, 10:37:34 PM
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Evening!

I'm running PrC 3.5, on game version 1.69.8109 in the default NWN campaign.

Skirmish does not seem to trigger with Ranged weapons, even if within 30 feet. I get the AC bonus, but my arrows do not seem to do additional damage.

Is there a way I can fix this?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 11:05:59 PM by Mecheye »

August 29, 2017, 08:32:58 PM
Reply #1
  • Adept
    • View Profile

I've noticed this as well. Tried a scout/bowman/warsling sniper.

Skirmish works fine in melee, but the damage does not trigger at range even if I am within 30ft, and have moved 10ft in the round.

I've attacked from stealth, flanking, and getting a standard sneak attack (and the AC bonus from skirmish)  But the additional Skirmish damage isn't added or registered.

Please, if there is a fix that would make this class playable - as it stands it really spoils the class if its ability only functions in melee.

March 29, 2018, 08:13:33 PM
Reply #2

If anyone still wants a fix for Skirmish with ranged weapons (actually, it worked with darts etc.), I found what was wrong with the script.

oItem          = GetSpellCastItem();

GetWeaponRanged() function doesn't recognize projectiles so I added another condition to account for all ranged projectile weapons, throwing weapons and melee weapons:

if(GetLocalInt(oPC, "ScoutSkirmish") && ( GetWeaponRanged(oItem) || IPGetIsProjectile(oItem) || IPGetIsMeleeWeapon(oItem)) ) 

I had to add functions to make the damage type change adapt to the ammo/base weapon type (it was going for magical damage due to ammo not having a damage type itself) but there might be more elegant ways to do that and anything else I did but for now all the weapon types I tested (slings, crossbow, bow, dart and a handaxe) worked fine.

I also applied the Eventscript to each ammunition slot (was too lazy to do if conditions for each case):

AddEventScript(oAmmo, EVENT_ITEM_ONHIT, "prc_scout", TRUE, FALSE);

I am not sure how important it is to remove each instance of the EventScript at the end so I left it out for now, that might be something to look out for.

August 23, 2018, 02:22:19 PM
Reply #3

Slightly late, but then again, the PRC has been rather quiet for a long time. This change merged into the PRC svn with minor edits.

Thanks to Mindflayer for doing most of the work!
That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die.