Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Skill/Feat: Craft Magical Weapons and Armor  (Read 3942 times)

June 18, 2009, 03:52:53 PM

Server: Moonsea
Admin: Dsabrea

Feat: Craft Magical Weapons and Armor
Class: Sorcerer, Wizard, Cleric

Problem:

1. No matter what I do, even with all the requirements filled, I cannot enchant above +4 on any weapon.

2. Spears cannot be enchanted with any elemental damage, Flaming, Shocking, Freezing, etcetera.

3. Warhammer cannot be enchanted with Holy or Bane.

4. Bane weapons automaticly revert to Bane: Dwarf

PrC version: 3.3f2
CEP version: 2.2c

Single Player Champaign: location of all my testing for this crafting system, similiar and matching issues have been brought up from time to time on the forums for multiplayer.

June 19, 2009, 07:17:42 AM
Reply #1

Quote from: Doc-Holiday

Server: Moonsea
Admin: Dsabrea

Feat: Craft Magical Weapons and Armor
Class: Sorcerer, Wizard, Cleric

Problem:

1. No matter what I do, even with all the requirements filled, I cannot enchant above +4 on any weapon.

2. Spears cannot be enchanted with any elemental damage, Flaming, Shocking, Freezing, etcetera.

3. Warhammer cannot be enchanted with Holy or Bane.

4. Bane weapons automaticly revert to Bane: Dwarf

PrC version: 3.3f2
CEP version: 2.2c

Single Player Champaign: location of all my testing for this crafting system, similar and matching issues have been brought up from time to time on the forums for multiplayer.

1. What else is on the weapon? There is a total cap of +10 for non-epic. Can you provide exact itemprops (maybe through screenshot)? Were the weapons upgraded from weapons found or purchased or were they created using the system to start with?

2. Same question. The code looks for existing properties. A damage bonus on the weapon would prevent things like elemental damage from being added.

3. Ditto.

4. I recall a similar issue being the result of a merge hak error or similar. Fluffy?

I recommend using a clean prc module such as the levelling mod to do all your single player testing. That way we can rule out other haks being involved in the issue.