Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: NWN prc barbarion in my save bug  (Read 4097 times)

August 10, 2017, 09:05:57 AM
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Whenever I go to my savegame my PRC class (psion) is called barbarian and this bug really annoys me, does anyone know how to fix this? Please tell me if you know or at least try, I am starting to lose my interest.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 02:21:06 PM by Mozare »

August 10, 2017, 09:32:45 AM
Reply #1
    • View Profile

The name of the class is stored in custom tlk file associated with the module. Before you load the module (and a tlk file) the game can not recognize character class properly - that's why it displays 'Barbarian' instead (it's class number 0 in classes.2da so it is default). We can not fix this - that's how the game works.

August 10, 2017, 01:03:02 PM
Reply #2
  • Adept
    • View Profile

So I can't do anything at all? Can I not edit classes.2da so that it won't display 'Barbarion' in the save game.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 03:24:54 AM by Mozare »

August 10, 2017, 07:59:56 PM
Reply #3
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Please I beg you can you reply? It will mean alot for me, I just want to know if there is a possible solution to this even if it is complex or something. Just please get back to me as soon as you read this. Thanks

August 11, 2017, 10:26:15 AM
Reply #4
    • View Profile

I suppose you could edit classes.2da, but you would also have to edit dialog.tlk (you need special tool to do this) - I don't know if there is any way to load custom tlk before loading a module. In my opinion this is not worth the hassle.

August 12, 2017, 05:41:35 AM
Reply #5
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Great, so I have now downloaded a 2DA/TLK editor specifically for Neverwinter Nights, I can now edit classic.2da and custom tlk, so what do you recommend for me to do so I can solve this? If you don't know then that's fine I will just have to deal with it If that's the case.