Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: PRC Races System  (Read 4239 times)

April 06, 2011, 02:38:16 PM
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Hey everyone.

In our continuing work in implementing the PRC in our PW, we've been investigating the races system. As I understand, when a new player logs in to the server with 0 exp it launches the ConvoCC to allow them to change/adjust their race, class, skills, feats, etc to the PRC options should they choose to.

My question is when this happens, it obviously needs to use Leto or something like it to apply those changes. Does it call on the IP of the server to relog the PC after? The IP on our server changes routinely and randomly at times, which breaks our current system at times and we are wondering if the PRC is the same or won't encounter this issue or not.

Thanks for you time.

April 06, 2011, 07:53:35 PM
Reply #1

Quote from: Aleron

Hey everyone.

In our continuing work in implementing the PRC in our PW, we've been investigating the races system. As I understand, when a new player logs in to the server with 0 exp it launches the ConvoCC to allow them to change/adjust their race, class, skills, feats, etc to the PRC options should they choose to.

My question is when this happens, it obviously needs to use Leto or something like it to apply those changes. Does it call on the IP of the server to relog the PC after? The IP on our server changes routinely and randomly at times, which breaks our current system at times and we are wondering if the PRC is the same or won't encounter this issue or not.

Thanks for you time.

You can configure it so it just drops them & they have to log back in manually.  Your other options are Dynamic DNS & springing for a static IP address.
HEATSTROKE