Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: prc + cep 3.4  (Read 5119 times)

April 12, 2011, 10:22:23 AM

will there be a merge hak for the newest version of the cep ?

April 12, 2011, 03:15:41 PM
Reply #1
    • View Profile

Quote from: clansunstar

will there be a merge hak for the newest version of the cep ?

I've compared files from CEP 2.3 and 2.4a. Those that we use for PRC/CEP merge (some 2das and tlk) are exactly the same in both versions - so imho we don't really need a new merge hak. We don't add new appearances, tilesets or clothing parts to NWN so there should be no conflicts in those areas (ie. I'm sure you will be able to use new mounts with merge hak for CEP 2.3).

April 12, 2011, 04:14:42 PM
Reply #2

Thank you xwarren, it is good to know i can update without any worry. :D

April 14, 2011, 11:45:20 AM
Reply #3

Since the PRC was recently updated and with CEP looking to do a few things, is there anyone out there who has ever done a merge of these two systems and is willing to share it with me or link me to it?

I know it is a huge undertaking so before I even begin on something like this I am asking around on the CEP forums, the BioWare forums and the PRC site.

Any of you have feedback postive or negative please let me know.

April 14, 2011, 12:20:33 PM
Reply #4
    • View Profile

Quote from: confusedgnome

Since the PRC was recently updated and with CEP looking to do a few things, is there anyone out there who has ever done a merge of these two systems and is willing to share it with me or link me to it?

I know it is a huge undertaking so before I even begin on something like this I am asking around on the CEP forums, the BioWare forums and the PRC site.

Any of you have feedback postive or negative please let me know.

On PRC Vault site you'll find PRC/CEP merge hak (prc_cep2_merge.rar). It's not 100% compatible with CEP (never was) but it will allow you to use most of the CEP contents.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 12:21:08 PM by xwarren »

April 14, 2011, 02:12:27 PM
Reply #5

What is the main issues that I should be aware of if you would not mind letting me know? Thanks for the quick reply either way.

April 14, 2011, 02:47:34 PM
Reply #6
    • View Profile

Quote from: confusedgnome

What is the main issues that I should be aware of if you would not mind letting me know? Thanks for the quick reply either way.

You will have access to all CEP creatures, placeable, clothing, tiles etc.
But some items will be unavailable, because we use the same rows in baseitems.2da and you won't be able to use CEP phenotypes (ie. flying, horses - bioware horses work OK though and ACP should work correctly with PRC).