Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Getting Started  (Read 2694 times)

August 08, 2018, 06:04:14 PM
  • Adept
    • View Profile

I have just started working with mods and such for Neverwinter Nights and can't get the races to work right. They won't appear in the "Races" tab when I play the game. Also, I have to play one of the classic classes before I can play any other "base class." For example, when I try to play a Ninja, I first have to take a level in fighter or bard or something like that.

I got frustrated and decided to start over and manually install the files instead of using the installer. That's when I found a missing file. The file's name is prc_include.hak. I have no idea if it's important or not. I can create a creature that with the races and classes in the toolset but not a PC. Am I doing something wrong? Does the missing file have something to do with it? Or am I just an idiot and missing something?

August 09, 2018, 09:01:00 AM
Reply #1

First off, extended edition or 1.69?

If 1.69, Bioware didn't allow modifying of the initial character creation and you need to use the PRC character creator which is a standalone Java tool. https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/other/tool/prc-character-creator-18-linux-and-mac-compatible

Follow the instructions on how to use the software on the page and you'll be good to go.
That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die.