Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Weapon Enchants, also Archivist  (Read 2435 times)

June 03, 2011, 12:21:00 PM
  • Adept
    • View Profile

So I've been getting really into crafting lately, and as part of that I wanted to try my hand at adding new options for crafting Magic Arms and Armor.  I edited craft_weapon.2da to add the new enchants.  I kept it simple - they were just level 10 versions of Acidic Blast and Sonic Blast, so it didn't seem that custom scripting should have been necessary.  I changed the file end value in inc_switch_setup.nss, and tracked down the ITEM_PROPERTY_DAMAGE_BONUS code in prc_craft_inc.nss and added appropriate entries.  

The new abilities work just fine, but I can't figure out how to get them to show up on the conversation options for enchanting weapons.  No matter what I do, I can't even get those listed names to change, though I can make them point to something completely different (that's how I got the extra enchants on my weapons).  So, how do I change the conversation options to reflect the changed .2da?

Also, as an Archivist/Wizard/Mystic Theurge, I've tried several times to take Inscribe Rune, but the game doesn't recognize that I can cast 2nd level Divine spells.  Is this working as intended? If not, is there anything I can do about it?

June 03, 2011, 02:22:00 PM
Reply #1
    • View Profile

Quote from: Airemix

The new abilities work just fine, but I can't figure out how to get them to show up on the conversation options for enchanting weapons.  No matter what I do, I can't even get those listed names to change, though I can make them point to something completely different (that's how I got the extra enchants on my weapons).  So, how do I change the conversation options to reflect the changed .2da?

Move PRC_DATA.* files from database directory somewhere and try again. Not sure if there is any other way.

Also, as an Archivist/Wizard/Mystic Theurge, I've tried several times to take Inscribe Rune, but the game doesn't recognize that I can cast 2nd level Divine spells.  Is this working as intended? If not, is there anything I can do about it?

It should work. How many archivist levels do you have?