Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Archivist - Epic Spell Radial Menu  (Read 4711 times)

May 12, 2011, 10:24:17 PM

So here I decide to post a new topic & describe it more clearly.

First, the problem that epic Arichvist can't 'eat' Epic Spell Seeds has been solved by Great xwarren:D I checked the scripts and found that Epic Archivist was forgotten in activate_seeds.nss(ncs);)

But then... still there's another problem. It seems that if one has ONLY Archivist as the base spell caster class, nothing will appear in the Epic Spell Radial Menu after adding epic spells. This doesn't occur if the character has another spell caster class. For example, 20 Archivist/1 Runecaster and 20 Archivist/1 Fighter have this problem both, but 20 Archivist/1 Cleric or 20 Archivist/1 Warmage works well.

So I think there's something wrong that Archivist isn't treated as a spell caster class in the script which add epic spells to the radial menu. I tried to find the script but only got failure:| Could I get some help?

PS: I'm still using PRC 3.3H. Don't know whether it's fixed in 3.4.

May 14, 2011, 02:09:17 AM
Reply #1
    • View Profile

Quote from: william_iii

First, the problem that epic Arichvist can't 'eat' Epic Spell Seeds has been solved by Great xwarren:D I checked the scripts and found that Epic Archivist was forgotten in activate_seeds.nss(ncs);)

But then... still there's another problem. It seems that if one has ONLY Archivist as the base spell caster class, nothing will appear in the Epic Spell Radial Menu after adding epic spells. This doesn't occur if the character has another spell caster class. For example, 20 Archivist/1 Runecaster and 20 Archivist/1 Fighter have this problem both, but 20 Archivist/1 Cleric or 20 Archivist/1 Warmage works well.

So I think there's something wrong that Archivist isn't treated as a spell caster class in the script which add epic spells to the radial menu. I tried to find the script but only got failure:| Could I get some help?

Looking into this. I forgot that archivists don't have epic progression.

May 14, 2011, 04:14:49 AM
Reply #2

Quote from: xwarren

So is there a way for Archivist to use epic spells?

May 14, 2011, 08:20:52 AM
Reply #3

And... maybe... it doesn't seem like this... a 20 Archivist/1 Favored Soul also works well. I don't know if Favored Soul has 'epic progression' -- as Archivist, Favored Soul's level is limited to 20, too...

And is it possible to add an 'epic progression' for Archivist? Thanks!

May 14, 2011, 11:22:22 AM
Reply #4
    • View Profile

This was just a note to self :P

I've created new character and wanted to test that issue, but I couldn't reach epic levels with pure archivist. So I came back to your post, wrote a replay, and created new character :P

Don't worry about that. I'll fix this (seems to be a 2da issue, I need to check if my fix is working). Although there is no official epic progression to archivist class, I thought about adding it. Worst case scenario - people will limit archivist to 20 levels on their PWs.

Edit: I thought I used Wizard as a template for archivist :/  (<- another note to self :P)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 11:40:57 AM by xwarren »

May 14, 2011, 11:29:30 PM
Reply #5

This was just a note to self :P

I've created new character and wanted to test that issue, but I couldn't reach epic levels with pure archivist. So I came back to your post, wrote a replay, and created new character :P

Don't worry about that. I'll fix this (seems to be a 2da issue, I need to check if my fix is working). Although there is no official epic progression to archivist class, I thought about adding it. Worst case scenario - people will limit archivist to 20 levels on their PWs.

Edit: I thought I used Wizard as a template for archivist :/  (<- another note to self :P)

Maybe I'll hate you for exhaustion of appreciatory words:P

BTW, I've tried to change the level limit of Archivist in classes.2da, which semmed to made epic spells available, too -- but only for pure 21 Archivist...