Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Truenaming + Draconic Feats?  (Read 4330 times)

June 30, 2009, 06:59:24 PM
  • Adept
    • View Profile

So if you have a character with the Truenamer base class, can you take the Draconic Feats such as Draconic Presence? In other words, would the truenaming utterances count as using magic for the purposes of that feat, or other similar Draconic Feats? Also would Draconic Power grant any benefit to a truenamer character? Etc.

I'm debating making a Truenamer and wondering if any of the Draconic Feats would prove beneficial, or whether to simply invest my feats elsewhere.
"It is one of those lessons that every child should learn: Don't play with fire, sharp objects, or ancient artifacts." -Wardwick Hurog

July 02, 2009, 12:11:27 AM
Reply #1
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Edits 1:

Sorry, I figured I'd share my findings so far. I ran a random test of a human truenamer, and found Drac Presense had no effect on enemies that I noticed.

Furthermore, Drac Claw appeared to have some sort of error? After saying Aquired Item Creature Slash Piercing Weapon, it repeated that I did not have the proficiencies required to equip that item for several lines, and finished with Lost Item. It repeats this after every period of resting and also at random times. I'm not sure what is behind this; I freely admit to being a newb and having no knowledge of coding etc. (Truenamers have simple weapon proficiency.)

However, the Dragontouched, Drac Heritage, Drac Resistance, Drac Senses and Drac Skin all appear to be working properly as far as I can tell.

Also, side note, for the purposes of counting the number of Draconic Feats, I assume Dragontouched and Drac Heritage do not count and only feats access through the main Drac Feats tab are included in the count?

Yet another note, I have to admit to some confusion as to what Drac feats a character with the Dragonblooded type, for example a Silverbrow Human, is able or unable to access without taking the Dragontouched or Dragon Heritage feats. The NWN Manual is not very clear on this, at least in my opinion.
"It is one of those lessons that every child should learn: Don't play with fire, sharp objects, or ancient artifacts." -Wardwick Hurog

July 13, 2009, 12:25:56 PM
Reply #2

You'll have to experiment a little, I don't know and the coder responsible has left. I'll take a look at the Draconic Claw error though.
That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die.