Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Weapon Finesse on Elven Thinblade?  (Read 27341 times)

June 13, 2011, 05:38:05 AM

Should & does Weapon Finesse work on elven thinblade? If the answer is "should" & "doesn't", how could it turn to be 'does'?:)

Thank you! Great to see the site still running~:D

June 13, 2011, 05:57:38 AM
Reply #1
    • View Profile

Quote from: william_iii

Should & does Weapon Finesse work on elven thinblade? If the answer is "should" & "doesn't", how could it turn to be 'does'?:)

Thank you! Great to see the site still running~:D

Yes & I don't know ;p It should add attack bonus is your DEX is greater than STR. I've never tested that though.

June 13, 2011, 06:32:15 AM
Reply #2

Sadly, here I got this: http://nwn.wikia.com/wiki/Weapon_finesse

"The finessable weapon list includes all standard small and tiny melee weapons, plus the rapier (which is medium). "

"Even though the feat description says 'light weapons', this should not be confused with light weapons in the context of dual-wielding. The finessable weapons are exactly the ones listed above, regardless of the size of the weapon and the size of the wielder (with the noted exception that two-handed weapons cannot be finessed). "

So I think maybe it's "shouldn't" in fact & I'd better give this up ;)

June 13, 2011, 07:11:30 AM
Reply #3
    • View Profile

From 'Races of the Wild':

June 13, 2011, 08:12:40 AM
Reply #4

Quote from: xwarren

From 'Races of the Wild':

which means as long as taking Weapon Proficiency(Elven Thinblade), I can choose Weapon Focus or even Epic Weapon Focus on Rapier and IMAGINE it's Thinblade chosen instead :P

June 13, 2011, 08:18:27 AM
Reply #5
    • View Profile

Once again:
Sword, Elven Thinblade: This rapierlike exotic weapon is the size of a longsword but much lighter. Like the lightblade, it is favored by dexterous elf fighters and rogues. A character can use the Weapon Finesse feat to apply his Dexterity modifier instead of his Strength modifier to attack rolls with an elven thinblade.

Which means that you can use weapon finesse with elven thinblade.

And I've just tested this - it works as intended (as long as you have weapon proficiency (elven thinblade))

June 13, 2011, 10:12:23 AM
Reply #6

Quote from: xwarren

Once again:
Sword, Elven Thinblade: This rapierlike exotic weapon is the size of a longsword but much lighter. Like the lightblade, it is favored by dexterous elf fighters and rogues. A character can use the Weapon Finesse feat to apply his Dexterity modifier instead of his Strength modifier to attack rolls with an elven thinblade.

Which means that you can use weapon finesse with elven thinblade.

And I've just tested this - it works as intended (as long as you have weapon proficiency (elven thinblade))

GREAT!:D:D:D I mean great xwarren;)