Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Spell Memorization Impossible  (Read 3523 times)

June 14, 2011, 01:32:16 AM

I'm testing my module out using the prc/cep merge, and the duskblade character I created to test out the class can't prepare or cast any spells. I have not tested any other classes yet. I have noticed that on her character sheet, several hexblade feats are listed, and their descriptions have nothing to do with what the feat suggested. Are these linked? Is there perhaps a problem in the cep merge? Or have I done something wrong?

In the above mentioned feats mix up, my duskblade has the feat "Hexblade Alter Self - Quickslot 2" listed among her feats, and its description reads a level 4 divination spell of some sort. Is there perhaps some trouble with the tlk file here?

June 14, 2011, 02:00:51 AM
Reply #1
    • View Profile

Quote from: Wyrdwolf

I'm testing my module out using the prc/cep merge, and the duskblade character I created to test out the class can't prepare or cast any spells. I have not tested any other classes yet. I have noticed that on her character sheet, several hexblade feats are listed, and their descriptions have nothing to do with what the feat suggested. Are these linked? Is there perhaps a problem in the cep merge? Or have I done something wrong?

In the above mentioned feats mix up, my duskblade has the feat "Hexblade Alter Self - Quickslot 2" listed among her feats, and its description reads a level 4 divination spell of some sort. Is there perhaps some trouble with the tlk file here?

Yes, it seems that you are using wrong tlk file. The merge hak on the vault is for PRC 3.4 only. It will cause problems like this with older versions. Which version do you use?

June 14, 2011, 02:30:18 PM
Reply #2

The tlk file I am using is named prccep.

June 14, 2011, 02:34:18 PM
Reply #3
    • View Profile

Quote from: Wyrdwolf

The tlk file I am using is named prccep.

Ok. It's probably from prccep2_merge.rar. If you are using 3.4 you should download that file again. If you use older version... well maybe someone has an older version of merge hak...

June 16, 2011, 10:24:10 AM
Reply #4

Thanks, it seems to be fine now!

June 26, 2011, 09:35:55 PM
Reply #5

I have my module up for testing now under Roleplaying servers, with the temporary name of "TBS" and no password. It has been rather laggy and crashes often. Sadly, I don't know what is wrong with it at present. We are using straight CEP 2.4 and the PRC merge.