Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Help, blank prc descriptions  (Read 2954 times)

August 24, 2019, 10:48:21 PM
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Hi!
I'm trying to run Endless Night VI on NWN:EE with the latest version of the PRC. I had a weird bug with ACP where the fighting styles made me ride horses, guess it is a bug with the phenotypes, so I downloaded the PRC+ACP version of the Endless Nights, which fixed the horse thing, but a lot the PRC descriptions (feats,classes,spells) are blank. I'm guessing its a problem with the tlk due to outdated version. Is there a way for me to fix this? I have not clue how to mod things. I tried to open the module on the toolset and did edit>module properties>custom content and chose a blank tlk file so I could use the prc updater, but it didn't fixed it, a lot of thins are still blank. So, can anyone help me fix this? Thanks!

Also, bit of an off topic question, but I'm having a bit of a problem with the forums. I tried to make my first account and it got instantly banned as soon as I activated it, so I made another one and everytime I try to login it says my username doesn't exists. If I make a new account with the same username, it instantly log me in. Is this normal? This got me really confused.

EDIT: NVM, I fixed it. It was quite simple. The forum thing still gets me spooked a little though.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 11:58:36 PM by Niizzy1 »

December 21, 2019, 10:09:18 PM
Reply #1

EDIT: NVM, I fixed it. It was quite simple. The forum thing still gets me spooked a little though.

I am having this exact problem, where text in feats and spells is not showing up correctly. You say it was a simple fix, but don't say what you did.

I will still look into the issue on my install, but you should post what you did on your post so others can benefit.

December 22, 2019, 02:56:34 PM
Reply #2

It'll be grabbing the updated PRC.tlk and merging it with the existing one for that module, most likely. It's actually pretty easy with the right tools to do it, although I suspect that if you just use the latest PRC tlk, it'll all work out, because we have ACP content included by default.
That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die.

December 23, 2019, 10:21:21 PM
Reply #3

That did the trick, thank you!