Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: XP not awarding after adding PRC  (Read 2682 times)

December 23, 2019, 10:35:40 PM

I've been playing around with "World of Rhun" on a server on my LAN. My son talked me in to adding PRC to the module and it seems to be working quite well.

Except it does not award XP on kills...at all. There is no yellow text saying anything about XP.  It looks like the PRC on death script is firing because I am getting remains with loot drops.

It uses Shayan's XP system, so it is pretty complicated.

Any suggestions on where I should start looking to make sure the right scripts are firing off and have the right information? I'm fairly new to module building but I have been programming in other languages for a long time. I think if I can figure out where to look and what scripts should be firing on the events, I can follow those along and then try to figure out why XP is not being awarded at all.

December 24, 2019, 04:33:35 PM
Reply #1

I had a new thought on the problem and found what was going on.

The PRC script calls this script as part of the NPC death event:
Code: [Select]
    ExecuteScript("prc_pwondeath", OBJECT_SELF);

I did not have that script anywhere in the module, so I added it with this code to call Shayan's XP script and it is now working.

prc_pwondeath:
Code: [Select]
void main()
{
    ExecuteScript("sha_xpsystem", OBJECT_SELF);
}

December 25, 2019, 08:55:13 AM
Reply #2

Glad to hear it worked out. In general the PRC overwrites all the module scripts, which is where most conflicts come from. Our Module Updater tool tries to merge things, but it's not always perfect.
That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die.