Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Delevel NPC not working right  (Read 2428 times)

December 27, 2019, 06:34:12 PM

I have a delevel NPC setup, so if we mess up some feat choices or want to change our character, we can start over.

However, since I added in the PRC, it's not working properly...so I am wondering if I should just turn that guy off, or if there was a fix someone had in mind that would not be too much work to be worth it.

What's happening is when he strips away the levels, it's not pulling off Warlock invocations and then when you start leveling back up, it's not giving you the dialogue to fix that.

I was thinking if there was an easy way to just call the conversation used with Warlocks that lets them redo their invocations, I could offer that service for a fee as the penalty for messing up and not have to completely redo the character, grinding back up to level.

Thoughts?

December 29, 2019, 09:15:12 AM
Reply #1

You can't delevel/alter most PRC content. It breaks things badly, as you've noticed. Best practice is to let the player bank XP/gear and remake the PC.
That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die.

December 29, 2019, 02:17:40 PM
Reply #2

That's a great idea!

I recoded my delevel NPC so he banks the XP he removes and can level other characters. So while I'm testing characters, I can bank the items with a persistent chest and then bank the XP with him and slowly level back up.