Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Problems with Spell selection  (Read 2507 times)

July 18, 2011, 08:14:07 PM
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Hello, I just discovered this website some time ago and decided to give it a go.

I've installed the PRC using the .exe on the main page, and I downloaded the Character Creator 1.8

Everything seems fine, all new classes/feats/races seems to be there, however whenever I create a PRC class, it has no spellcasting abilities whatsoever, none to choose. etc.

I made sure I had the ability score correct, but that didn't help. There's not even a window prompting me to select my spells (I tried with Healer). Creating a cleric or a wizard doesn't bring this kind of problem though.

I then tried to start a character the normal way on the campaign, then picked a PRC class on the 2nd level. Still same issue... spellbook seems there but there is no spell to choose from or even slots to memorize spells.

I'm not sure what to do next, anyone has the solution to this?

Thanks.

I made a search beforehand of this issue on the forum but couldn't find anything related to this... Any clues

July 19, 2011, 02:46:56 AM
Reply #1
    • View Profile

New spell-casting classed don't cast spells like bioware classes - unfortunately that's impossible because of NWN engine limitations (at least until ElgarL finishes his project ;p ) - instead they use Alternate Magic System (I call it new spellbook system ;) )

You select and prepare spells through conversation, and cast them by spell-feats which can be found in your class radial menu.

In case of Healer, there should be a feat called 'Spellbook'. Use it and the conversation will pop-up. Than select the spells you want to memorize and rest. Now the spells you selected appear at class radial menu and you can cast them from there.