Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Compiler doesn't work  (Read 3505 times)

September 14, 2011, 10:48:18 AM

I was trying to modify tmp_m_hceles.nss:

NWNXFuncs_AddFeat(oPC, FEAT_TEMPLATE_HALF_CELESTIAL_SMITE_EVIL);

into

NWNXFuncs_AddFeat(oPC, FEAT_SMITE_EVIL);

in order to make half-celestial's smite evil support holy martial strike. I don't know whether it works, but I know the compiler doesn't work on my 64 bit Win7 :'(

PS: which CEP version does PRC 3.4 & 3.5 support? 2.3?

Thanks!

September 15, 2011, 10:07:04 AM
Reply #1

Well, it seems such a long time that I forgot a lot of things... it should  be nsscompiler, not clcompiler from NWN original... but still there're some variables can't be found

then I decide to modify feat.2da to make half-celestial's Smite Evil support Holy Martial Strike, but failed... I tried to put Uncanny Dodge in pre-require feat of Holy Martial Strike and this works well.  I think it may be the ID of FEAT_TEMPLATE_HALF_CELESTIAL_SMITE_EVIL (22605) that too large to be read...

So is there an easy way to do this?

September 15, 2011, 11:29:32 AM
Reply #2
    • View Profile

I had no problems with modifying the script - you do realize you need nwnx with  nwnx_funcs plugin for it to work, right?

The latest official PRC/CEP merge is for PRC 3.4 and CEP 2.4.

September 16, 2011, 10:16:00 PM
Reply #3

I had no problems with modifying the script - you do realize you need nwnx with  nwnx_funcs plugin for it to work, right?

Er... so many things I've forgotten...

nwnx_funcs... I thought it was in the PRC Server Pack, but... the Server Pack does include nwnx_funcs.dll but not nwnx_funcs.nss... then I downloaded a full nwnx with the script, but doesn't work :(

Today I've finally got time to check the error message. This occurs when compiling tmp_m_hceles.nss (not tmp_m_celest.nss) and seems really strange:

Code: [Select]
prc_inc_shipfting.nss(43): Error: Non-constant value specified for constant "SHIFTER_SHAPE_PRINT_DELAY"
prc_inc_shipfting.nss(44): Error: Non-constant value specified for constant "SHIFTER_TEMPLATE_DESTROY_DELAY"

Then I checked prc_inc_shipfting.nss:

const float SHIFTER_MUTEX_UNSET_DELAY = 3.0f;
const float SHIFTER_SHAPE_PRINT_DELAY = SHIFTER_MUTEX_UNSET_DELAY + 0.1f;
const float SHIFTER_TEMPLATE_DESTROY_DELAY = SHIFTER_MUTEX_UNSET_DELAY + 1.0f;

It seems in this compiler a const can only be specified by a number or another const, but not an expression:

const float SHIFTER_SHAPE_PRINT_DELAY = 3.0f + 0.1f;

?Error. But

const float SHIFTER_SHAPE_PRINT_DELAY = SHIFTER_MUTEX_UNSET_DELAY; ?NO Error......

works fine (though the meaning is wrong) ??? So I doubt whether we're using the same compiler...

PS: I've decided to add Holy Martial Strike to the bonus of the Half-Celestial's bonus feats. What a rule ruiner I am  :P