Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Character Creator 1.8 Size Issue  (Read 5464 times)

September 19, 2011, 07:14:57 PM

My name's Rob. Long time player, first time guy begging for help.   ;D  I recently added in the PRC 3.4 Pack as well as CEP (which is running swimmingly), and using Character Creator 1.8, I have an issue of screen size when I click on "Customization". I cannot click OK or Exit.

I saw on another thread (http://prc.athasreborn.com/index.php?topic=34.0) that XWarren suggested using a program (I assume?) called ResizeEnable to fix it. However searching this site and the internet in general I have yet to find anything like that (not even NWNVault). Does anyone know where I can find/obtain this program or if there's another way to fix it I would greatly appreciate it. I can't wait to get it all in working order, thanks for your time and help!

September 20, 2011, 01:30:59 AM
Reply #1
    • View Profile

xorbaxian fixed PRC Character Creator for us :)

You can download updated version from: http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Other.Detail&id=190191&id=1435

September 20, 2011, 07:07:01 PM
Reply #2

First I'd like to say that you sir are truly awesome for how much I've seen you you help others and now myself as well.   ;D  Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I downloaded the file from the link you sent me and I'm still getting the same problem when I unzip it in my NWN folder. Is there something else that could be going on? My test character is a Troll Fighter with Weapon Focus (Greatsword) & Power Attack.

When I click on Customization I get a 4" by 2" (roughly) box come up with 2 clickable options. Troll (which I assume changes who your body looks & I simply leave as Troll) and Tattoo Customization which is centered about 1/4" off the bottom. I can't expand the box, but I can Tab through about 6 other tabs (I can tell by how many times I press it until it cycles back).

Thank you again for helping me so promptly and generally being cool.   8)
Rob

September 21, 2011, 01:55:58 AM
Reply #3
    • View Profile

Wow! Thank you :D

Are you sure all files were overwritten? (You don't have to unzip character creator to NWN folder.)

IIRC this issue appeared because CC was not updated for new Java versions (but xorbaxian fixed that).

I use this command to run CC:
start javaw -Xmx200M -Xms200M -jar CC.jar > cc.log 2>&1

You can download ResizeEnable from http://www.digitallis.co.uk/pc/ResizeEnable/, but I have no idea if it works on Windows7 :/
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 01:58:46 AM by xwarren »

September 21, 2011, 05:51:17 PM
Reply #4

No luck so far. Resize Enable actually worked fine as it did resize the window, however it didn't actually show me any new buttons. More just stretched the screen than anything.

How would you go about using that Java command? I know how to open the command prompt so that it goes to C:\Users\Rob\ and after that my knowledge of it (and Java) kind of take a nose dive.

Thanks again for being so much help!
Rob

September 22, 2011, 01:51:29 AM
Reply #5
    • View Profile

Could you make a screenshot and post it here, please?

How would you go about using that Java command? I know how to open the command prompt so that it goes to C:\Users\Rob\ and after that my knowledge of it (and Java) kind of take a nose dive.

Go to the folder that you extracted CC files - use 'cd [path]' ie:
cd d:\javacc
command prompt should display 'd:\javacc>' now
type
start javaw -Xmx200M -Xms200M -jar CC.jar
and hit enter

September 23, 2011, 05:48:22 PM
Reply #6

I tried using the CD path (D: drive), however it told me that the "device is not ready". I also tried going to where my files were extracted to C:\Users\Rob\CC and that told me it wasn't a recognized command. I tried to attach a copy of my screenshot with both my path where the CC files were extracted to and a few of my command line attempts, however it comes out to just over 300kb. And with Zip & shrinking it down to where it's barely readable is at 208kb.

I want to thank you again for spending all this time trying to help me. I really do appreciate it and I look forward to showing the guys in my LAN party how awesome this stuff all is.   :D

September 23, 2011, 09:42:34 PM
Reply #7

however it comes out to just over 300kb. And with Zip & shrinking it down to where it's barely readable is at 208kb.

Try  again, I kicked the max attachment size up to 500Kb
HEATSTROKE

September 30, 2011, 05:55:47 PM
Reply #8

Thank you again for all your help. Hope you have a great weekend!