Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Could Sorcerer with a prestige class use old spellbook system?  (Read 4529 times)

September 26, 2011, 12:39:47 AM

In the detail of feat Draconic Arcane Grace there's a note:

Note: This feat requires the use of the new spellbooks, so if they are disabled this feat will not work. If you are a bard or sorcerer and not already using the new spellbooks, you will be converted to them.

So it seems that a sorcerer can use the old spellbook system... then I tried this, and found that a pure sorcerer can, but when gained a prestige class such as Archmage the old spellbook is forbidden. Is there a switch or so that can make it available?

Thanks!

September 26, 2011, 02:30:17 AM
Reply #1
    • View Profile

Note: This feat requires the use of the new spellbooks, so if they are disabled this feat will not work. If you are a bard or sorcerer and not already using the new spellbooks, you will be converted to them.

So it seems that a sorcerer can use the old spellbook system... then I tried this, and found that a pure sorcerer can, but when gained a prestige class such as Archmage the old spellbook is forbidden. Is there a switch or so that can make it available?

Thanks!

It's PRC_SORC_DISALLOW_NEWSPELLBOOK for sorcerers and PRC_BARD_DISALLOW_NEWSPELLBOOK for bards.

September 26, 2011, 04:15:04 AM
Reply #2

Thanks!

WoW I wanna give u a hug, Great One ;D