Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: It this possible?  (Read 3645 times)

June 25, 2009, 03:06:12 AM
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Hi there. I have a crazy idea for a class and I wanted to know if it was possible.

The class is an INT based spontaneous caster that has access to all(most?) of the spells in the game with the spell slot progression of the sorcerer. The class only learns new spells by copying them from scrolls, which will require a successful INT and Spellcraft check. The DC of the checks would be based on the level of the spell and how many spells the class knows already.

July 01, 2009, 11:11:17 AM
Reply #1
  • Adept
    • View Profile

So in order to get what I wanted I decide to modify the Sorcerer class.

Mucking around with cls_spkn_sorc.2da I discovered that while I can turn a number into another number--a "2" into a "3"-- for some reason nothing happens if I turn a blank value--the asterisks-- into a number.

Any one know why?

Edit: Is there anyway the change the Sorcerer's spellcasting attribute from CHA to INT? I've tried change CHA to INT in classes.2da but that didn't work.

Also is there an easy way to get PRC spells not on the Sorcerer's spell list to go on the Sorcerer's spell list?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 04:16:09 PM by Belial »

July 13, 2009, 12:49:21 PM
Reply #2

Bioware base classes are mostly hardcoded. You'd need to do something like our spellbooks to do the class. With that, you could.
That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die.