Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Trying to make a Larloch build.  (Read 4883 times)

November 01, 2011, 03:39:22 AM

I want to be like the lich Larloch. What build do you think best represents his power?

Right now I'm thinking:

Sorc/Favored Soul/Mystic Theurge + Lich template

or Dread Necromancer/Shadow Adept

or

Wiz/Psion/Cerebromancer + Lich

If you have better ideas feel free to post them.

What feats should I take for a pure caster Mystic Theurge? I'm thinking Practice Spellcaster to get my spell levels up some. Should I take practiced spell caster Sorc and Favored soul or just Sorc?

Thanks guys.

November 01, 2011, 05:49:25 AM
Reply #1
    • View Profile

According to Forgotten Realms Wiki he is an epic Wizard ;)

My favourite Mystic Theurge build is Wizard/Archivist/MT combo - at pre-epic levels it's not as strong as dedicated spellcasters, but at epic levels (with both practices spellcaster feats) it's still 1 level behind, but has access to two spellbooks ;)

November 01, 2011, 07:25:17 PM
Reply #2

Per FR Wiki: "Larloch's sole driving motivation seems to be the accumulation of arcane lore"

Archivist: "Archivists seek out esoteric sources of divine lore, wherever those sources might be, securing those secrets for themselves and their fellow scholars."

Except for the old divine v. arcane thing, a great match. The other builds don't match Larloch's studious demeanor.
Fermi was a Pyrokineticist

November 01, 2011, 07:46:33 PM
Reply #3

Thanks guys I like the sound of the Wiz/Archivist. I didn't even know about Archivist. I like spontaneous casting but you guys are right Larloch isn't anything like a sorcerer.

Other than practiced spellcaster feats what are some good feats for this build? I'm probably going to dip into the Corpsecrafter feats hopefully that doesn't weaken my spellcasting too much.

Thanks again guys.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 07:48:18 PM by Deathpoint »