Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Custom Content Questions  (Read 5638 times)

June 23, 2009, 10:44:25 AM

Hello all. First, thank you for the wonderful thing that is the PRC and all the work that you've put into it.

I had a few questions I'd like to ask and hopefully someone will have answers.

1. Is there, somewhere, a guide to making custom races to add to the PRC? I have a few I'd like to make myself but with my limited talent I'll only be doing basic, homebrew ones for myself. Races like Hellbred, which I wish was in, will have to be a dream.

2. I'm looking to adjust the spells per level for some prestige classes (like the Drow Judicator) and add spells per day to one class. I know a decent amount about the format of .2da files but I'm having problem finding where I'd add/adjust these. Can someone point me in the right direction?

3. Where are the custom appearances for the PRC races stored? As in, if I want to change say the Warforged appearance to that of an iron golem, where would I look to do this?

4. Also, is it intentional that so few classes have access to Two Weapon Defense? I plan to go through the class feat 2das and set it so that some other classes get it.

Thank you in advance to anyone able to provide info on these questions.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 10:56:09 AM by alphadelphi »

June 26, 2009, 02:38:07 PM
Reply #1

Well, after some digging around, I found some of the answers I was looking for especially on custom races. If anyone else had similar questions some of it might be answered here- http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Other.Detail&id=45534&id=1389

Nothing PRC specific in there but it might be useful for others.

July 04, 2009, 03:28:26 PM
Reply #2

There's a whole load of useful stuff on what the default 2das do on the CCG. The default appearances for races are in racialtypes.2da. Adding a new appearence model involves modifying appearances.2da (I think the CCG has info on how to do that).

July 08, 2009, 01:41:07 PM
Reply #3

Thank you so much, fluffyamoeba! I had found a number of these but this information is invaluable in helping me be self-sufficient with this!

July 09, 2009, 01:35:49 PM
Reply #4

Isn't Two Weapon Defence available to every character who meets the requirements (Two Weapon Fighter, 15 Dex)?

July 11, 2009, 12:18:53 PM
Reply #5

I thought so too until I tried to make a fighter with it. Then, I looked in the Manual and t was missing from the feat selection list of a lot of classes. Then, I looked in the cls_feat_fight.2da and realized it's not there for fighter, unless I missed it. It's my understanding that the cls_feat_*.2da files define every feat selectable for a given class and if a feat isn't listed, it's not allowed. Hexblade is one of the few that has it listed in this 2da.

July 13, 2009, 12:59:02 PM
Reply #6

Weapon Defense is using class specific code at the moment,
That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die.