Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Character has to repick spellbook spells each multiplayer login into new game.  (Read 6612 times)

November 10, 2011, 02:01:33 PM

This happens when hosting a multiplayer game and letting the server vault save the character. No problem if I save the game. Is it because the spell book is not saved into the character?

Is there anyway to get around this or am I doing something wrong?

Thank you.

November 10, 2011, 02:20:32 PM
Reply #1
    • View Profile

Something is removing 'PC Skin' from the character OR you've edited baseitems.2da and removed Container flag from line 73.

November 10, 2011, 02:31:01 PM
Reply #2

Ok thank you. It is very possible my module is doing that. I will check that out.

November 10, 2011, 09:24:36 PM
Reply #3
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

if u have some other subrace scripts such as shayaan or some other skin dependant scripts they will override prc (if wrongly installed). check your OnClientEnter or OnClientLeave mod events.

November 13, 2011, 11:42:10 PM
Reply #4

I'm still trying to figure this out.

My oncliententer script launches two scripts. prc_onenter and the script for the module I'm using. I cleared out everything in that module script so it shouldn't be doing anything.

I enter the game and the problem still happens.

I get these messages:

Acquired item: base_prc_skin
Acquired item: HideToken
Cannot equip

I looked through my module's clientonexit script and it doesn't seem like it would cause it. I don't know much though. If it is not my clientonenter script then it must be the clientonexit or the baseitems.2da

I extracted the baseitems.2da from the hak file that PRC Module Updater created for the module I'm using and this is what I see.

Line 73:

73   530   creatureitem   2   2   0x3C000   0   0   it_cr_item   0   1   1   1   it_bag   iinvalid_2x2   1   1   0   ****   ****   ****   0   255   ****   ****   ****   ****   ****   ****   1   0   5031   30   8   0   13   0   ****   ****   ****   ****   ****   0   0   0   5469   0   0   1   ****   ****   1   ****   ****   ****   ****   0   1   

Container is set to 1. Is that right?

I don't know what else to do. Thanks so much for your help.

Also, if I open the same module in Single Player mode with the same character file the problem doesn't happen. The characters spell book is perfect too. That leads me to believe that the skin is still correctly equipped in the character file and that it wasn't removed when I exited the module the first time. So I think it must be a "onenter" script problem. Only when I try to bring the character back into that module while in Multiplayer mode does it do it.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 12:02:22 AM by Deathpoint »

November 14, 2011, 01:57:40 AM
Reply #5
    • View Profile

Which module do you use? Any custom contents?

Seems that baseitems.2da is fine.

Cannot equip
What happens with those items? Which one can not be equipped? Are they still in characters inventory after another login (do you get new skin every login?)

Does your module use custom function for exporting characters?

November 14, 2011, 02:02:58 AM
Reply #6

The module is Endless Nights IV and it does use a custom export system but I don't know how it works. I will edit this post once I get the other information.

Edit:

Yea, it keeps doing it I keep having to pick spells and it keeps adding skins. I get these messages every time:

You cannot equip

Like that. I cannot tell which item cannot be equipped. I tried taking all my items off and exiting and it still cannot equip something so I assume it is either the prc_skin or HideToken. Not sure though.

Oh I'm not using the export function I'm just quiting out and the character gets saved to the vault. Not sure if that matters.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 02:23:05 AM by Deathpoint »

November 14, 2011, 04:58:55 AM
Reply #7
    • View Profile

November 14, 2011, 08:04:53 AM
Reply #8

I get these messages:

Cannot equip

I looked through my module's clientonexit script and it doesn't seem like it would cause it. I don't know much though. If it is not my clientonenter script then it must be the clientonexit or the baseitems.2da

Do you have ILR on?
HEATSTROKE

November 14, 2011, 12:09:42 PM
Reply #9

Sorry guys I fell asleep.

Yea that link was the module.

ILR was the problem!

Thanks so much guys.

November 17, 2011, 05:01:52 AM
Reply #10
    • View Profile

Thanks DM Heatstroke, I didn't thought about that.

While I tried to figure out how to solve this problem I installed PRC into Endless Nights modules (IV, V and VI). They require PRC, CEP 2.4 and PRC/CEP merge.

http://www.wupload.com/file/2330254662/EndlessNightsPRC.rar