Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Changeling Minor Shape Change Question  (Read 4503 times)

June 24, 2009, 12:30:16 AM
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Alright, the question in a nutshell: I'm trying to build a changeling rogue, however I am having trouble with the Minor Shape Change.

Minor Shape Change
Type of Feat: Racial
Prerequisite: Race Specific
You can physically alter your form to mimic that of another of similar size and mass. You can appear one foot shorter or taller, fatter or thinner, or even change genders, but you cannot grow new limbs.
This feat controls learning and using NPC shapes. Return to True Form is under this feat as well.
Use: Selected.

The description for the feature states that you can change your form including changing gender, however it only appears to change within the set gender of the character. When selecting a NPC of the opposite gender, the changeling character changes into the same race as the NPC, but not to the extent of changing gender. Is the issue something I'm doing to wrong or is the code simply not up to changing genders? Any help would be much appreciated, as I'm going slightly crazy trying to figure it out.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 10:37:49 PM by Tirenel »
"It is one of those lessons that every child should learn: Don't play with fire, sharp objects, or ancient artifacts." -Wardwick Hurog

July 04, 2009, 03:22:08 PM
Reply #1

You can't change gender in NWN without letoscript. When copying a non-dynamic creature, this doesn't matter as those have the same appearence regardless of gender, but a dynamic one (like all bioware's playable race models) will change to the gender of the PC. It would be possible to switch to a non-dynamic creature model if switching gender, but unless someone alters the script to allow this for us it is unlikely to ever get added, sorry.

July 05, 2009, 11:59:35 AM
Reply #2
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Thanks for getting back to me, it's good to have a definitive answer versus wondering if I'm just having a issue between me, the module, and the prc.

Perhaps the description for the Minor Shape Changes should be edited to reflect the actual limitations of NWN.
"It is one of those lessons that every child should learn: Don't play with fire, sharp objects, or ancient artifacts." -Wardwick Hurog