Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Experience Issue With RDG9f  (Read 3408 times)

January 11, 2012, 03:56:25 AM
  • Adept
    • View Profile

I have been enjoying the most recent 3.5 rc1 release of the PRC (my first experience with the PRC) and have done some digging around these forums to try to fix the issue I'm having, but to no avail so far.

I'm trying to run the RDG9f module with the PRC additions, but I'm receiving no experience for my kills. In doing my research I noticed that a similar problem was occuring in Endless Nights to someone else, so I spent the past hour digging through scripts to try to find a custom experience script and was unable to find one, though I'm not a great scripter by any stretch of the imagination. I know just enough to break things these days *grins*

Someone did attempt to update the module to work back with PRC 2.2, but he managed to bork up XP AND loot in that somehow (both much lower than RDG9f should be granting), so that wasn't helpful unfortunately.

If anyone can help me figure out what's up with the experience in this module I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you!

January 11, 2012, 07:18:57 AM
Reply #1

I have been enjoying the most recent 3.5 rc1 release of the PRC (my first experience with the PRC) and have done some digging around these forums to try to fix the issue I'm having, but to no avail so far.

I'm trying to run the RDG9f module with the PRC additions, but I'm receiving no experience for my kills. In doing my research I noticed that a similar problem was occuring in Endless Nights to someone else, so I spent the past hour digging through scripts to try to find a custom experience script and was unable to find one, though I'm not a great scripter by any stretch of the imagination. I know just enough to break things these days *grins*

Someone did attempt to update the module to work back with PRC 2.2, but he managed to bork up XP AND loot in that somehow (both much lower than RDG9f should be granting), so that wasn't helpful unfortunately.

If anyone can help me figure out what's up with the experience in this module I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you!

What is the XP slider set to in the Module Properties?
HEATSTROKE

January 11, 2012, 09:43:05 AM
Reply #2
    • View Profile

Custom experitnce code is usually located in creatures OnDeath script (default is nw_c2_default7.nss). Ther reason why it doesn't work is because PRC also contains that script (haks have higher priority than module scripts).
I have extracted the 'custom' part and saved it as prc_pwondeath.nss (this script is executed by PRC nw_c2_default7.nss). I can't test it now, so you'll have to wait couple of hours before I confirm it working or you can test yourself ;)

Edit: 75 xp per goblin. I guess it's working.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 10:54:43 AM by xwarren »

January 11, 2012, 04:01:16 PM
Reply #3
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Got it. I couldn't tell if that was the XP script or not at first so I decided to take the question here. Thank you very much!