Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Tomb Tainted Soul  (Read 10009 times)

January 16, 2012, 10:11:32 PM
  • Adept
    • View Profile

I read somewhere that we had this feat on the current version, however I couldn't find it.

Is it really avaliable? If so, what should I do?

Thanks in advance!

January 17, 2012, 12:35:10 AM
Reply #1
    • View Profile

I read somewhere that we had this feat on the current version, however I couldn't find it.

Is it really avaliable? If so, what should I do?

Thanks in advance!
The feat is only available at 1st level. i'm sure it's there, I tested it with my Dread Necro ;)

January 17, 2012, 04:36:20 PM
Reply #2
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Version 3.5b2a? CC 1.8?
I tried it several times and couldn't find it.
I'm trying a DNecro too (LE, so I should be qualified for the feat).

I took that necropolitan template instead but... it's too strong for it's cost (if you take it at level 2). BTW I should've lost 1 level but I didn't.

Thanks!

January 18, 2012, 12:13:07 PM
Reply #3

The feat exists, but isn't (as far as i've seen) added to the Dread's feats file :s had to add it manually.

January 18, 2012, 12:54:57 PM
Reply #4
    • View Profile

The feat exists, but isn't (as far as i've seen) added to the Dread's feats file :s had to add it manually.
Sorry, I'll fix this.

January 18, 2012, 06:05:29 PM
Reply #5
  • Adept
    • View Profile

how do I do that?

January 19, 2012, 03:20:43 AM
Reply #6
    • View Profile

how do I do that?
Extract feat.2da from prc_2das.hak and open it in notepad.
Go to line 23555 ('Tomb-Tainted_Soul') and change value in column 'ALLCLASSESCANUSE' from 0 to 1.
Save the file and put it back in prc_2das.hak.

Modified feat.2da on speedyshare.com:
http://www.speedyshare.com/file/3ejRy/feat.7z

January 19, 2012, 10:10:27 AM
Reply #7
  • Adept
    • View Profile

It worked!
Thanks!

Recently I bought NWN2 and all the expansions but I really didn't like it. I felt something was missing... I wanted more options!
The only good thing about NWN2 is that (thanks to Kaedrin) I can play with a Daggerspell Mage/Arcanetrickster.
With NWN1, sometimes I spend hours planning characters and usually I don't even use them.  ;D
You guys rock!

January 19, 2012, 11:20:18 PM
Reply #8
  • Associate
    • View Profile

NWN 2 didn't win me over either.  I wish that NWN 2 was a bit more like NWN 1, possibly with a better graphics engine.  As the game was actually handled, it seems as if we sacrificed a lot of options (not even counting PRC options) to gain prettier graphics.  The expansions made some difference, but I would still rather play NWN with the PRC any day.

Oddly, even major companies don't seem to want to spend the time debugging, so they limit classes, races, feats, etc., to keep the structure as simple as possible.  The funny part is that the PRC, relying entirely on volunteer labor, can pretty quickly squash bugs in the PRC, which just proves that a software company with even a mid-sized paid staff could create a game just as rich in detail as the NWN/PRC combo and keep it relatively bug-free.  Sigh!  No one ever will, though.

January 20, 2012, 06:24:32 AM
Reply #9

I liked NWN2, but I hated how much they changed the controls & camera.  SoZ was great & I loved the overland map in it.
HEATSTROKE

January 20, 2012, 11:28:43 PM
Reply #10
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Storm of Zehir played more like a decent, well-developed proof of concept than a superb full game.  That is, I loved it  and consider it an amazing step up in pushing the boundaries of the game engine, but it was poorly polished with numerous bugs and inconveniences for the same reason.  Storm of Zehir was a tantalizing hint of how much more space there was to explore... and is currently a depressing reminder of how unwilling any company seems to be to explore that space.

It reminds me of Temple of Elemental Evil in that way.  Amazing proof of concept in that a very faithful implementation of PnP combat rules came out fun and challenging... but very unpolished and buggy.  And for some reason, despite ToEE having a surviving fan following who love it for its faithfulness, nobody wants to explore those possibilities.

January 22, 2012, 10:43:49 AM
Reply #11

It reminds me of Temple of Elemental Evil in that way.  Amazing proof of concept in that a very faithful implementation of PnP combat rules came out fun and challenging... but very unpolished and buggy.  And for some reason, despite ToEE having a surviving fan following who love it for its faithfulness, nobody wants to explore those possibilities.

Have you not tried the Circle of Eight mods for ToEE?  They fixed that game & it's pretty great now.
HEATSTROKE