Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: re: Ur Priest  (Read 4202 times)

January 26, 2012, 02:15:23 PM
  • Associate
    • View Profile

Ok, I don't think I'm up to the task of making the Artificer a viable class, not yet at least.  So, I'm going to start with something that, at least appears to me to be, simpler: the Ur Priest (Complete Divine version).

Here are my initial thoughts:

Prereqs -
+3 Fort, +3 Will (simple enough)

Iron Will (no problem)

Spell Focus (Evil) - (I'm thinking Evil Brand instead?)

Bluff 6 ranks, Knowledge (arcana) 5 ranks, Knowledge (the planes) 5 ranks, Knowledge (religion) 8, ranks, Spellcraft 8 ranks -
For NWN: Bluff 6 ranks, Lore 5 ranks, Spellcraft 8 ranks

"Special: The character must have no ability to cast divine spells. If such spellcasting ability was previously possessed
(as with an ex-cleric), that ability is forever forsaken.
" -
maybe use something like the Blackguard script that strips Paladin levels?

Class abilities:
Spellcasting - Cleric List, unique progression

Rebuke Undead - steal script from Dread Necro?

Divine Spell Resistance - Apostate Feat?

Siphon Spell Power - ""

Are this and the next ability possible in the engine?

Steal Spell-Like Ability (Su):

I'm going to try and make this work, if you guys think it is possible.

January 26, 2012, 02:53:09 PM
Reply #1
    • View Profile

Ok, so here's my opinion ;)

Spell Focus (Evil) - the current spellcasting system would allow to code this feat (good/evil domain powers work now, so coding +1 DC shouldn't cause any problems). We also have spell focus (cold) (are there other feats like this? spell focus (fire) or (acid)? The feat is from Frostburn - no other elemental focuses there.)

Bluff 6 ranks, Knowledge (arcana) 5 ranks, Knowledge (the planes) 5 ranks, Knowledge (religion) 8, ranks, Spellcraft 8 ranks
I would go: Bluff 6, Concentration 8, Lore 8, Spellcraft 8

"Special: The character must have no ability to cast divine spells. If such spellcasting ability was previously possessed
(as with an ex-cleric), that ability is forever forsaken."

can be added to spellhook code (something like this already exists for red wizard class)

Class abilities:
Spellcasting
easy with new spellbook system

Rebuke Undead - right, almost that simple

Divine Spell Resistance - doable

Siphon Spell Power - probably possible with new spellbook system.

Steal Spell-Like Ability (Su) - this one is probably impossible in NWN, at least I can't think of any easy way to do it.

January 26, 2012, 03:02:21 PM
Reply #2
  • Associate
    • View Profile

Cool.  I'm not sure how long this will take me, but I'll get on it.

I'll brainstorm for something to do about "Steal Spell-Like Ability".  My initial thoughts were maybe using the epic shifter code that lets them use abilities of their forms.  Otherwise, is there a way to analyze a creature to see what spells-effects are currently in effect?  Maybe the Ur-Priest could copy currently in-place spells instead of getting the ability to do spell-like abilities?

January 26, 2012, 04:09:34 PM
Reply #3
    • View Profile

I'll brainstorm for something to do about "Steal Spell-Like Ability".  My initial thoughts were maybe using the epic shifter code that lets them use abilities of their forms.  Otherwise, is there a way to analyze a creature to see what spells-effects are currently in effect?  Maybe the Ur-Priest could copy currently in-place spells instead of getting the ability to do spell-like abilities?

I didn't thought abuot that. This will work, but afaik it only copies monster abilities. Most prc spell-like abilities are implemented as feats :/