Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Anti-Magic Field bug  (Read 3546 times)

January 28, 2012, 08:40:50 PM
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

Hi guys, i know this is not a prc bug but our issue soy thats why im not placing it under bug section.

Anti-magic field-like effects happen to remove items properties from them and then "restore" them when effect ends.
Our issue is that when effect ends, not all properties are being restored, we think this is cuz we dont have these items added on palette, so when the effect tries to pull back the properties, the items remain blank or with non-edited properties.

For example, if there is an item in palette that was added to a chest, and then that item modified for that chest only, when effect ends, the item will be restored as the one in palette, not with the modified properties.

We know this can be solved by adding all items to palette, but unfurtunately there are a lot of shops and chests in our mod with modified items, thus, our palette is nearly overloaded.

I was wondering if you guys could help me out develop an alternative system for this, maybe this system would save the effects as local variables in the item?
or, if this is not possible, check whether if the item exists on palette and check if the properties are the same, i think this might cause a lot of lag tho... so id like to see if our 1st option is possible first.

Thanks guys, i hope we can solve this! i love the spell but its messing arround a lot of items in our mod rolf

January 29, 2012, 07:18:45 AM
Reply #1
    • View Profile

Anti-magic field-like effects
You mean Anti-Magic Field and Null-Psionic Field, right? There's also an utterance that has similar effect, but it doesn't use the same code. Are there other Anti-magic field-like effects I forgot to mention?

I've modified anti-magic scripts - now all itemproperties are stored on the item. Hopefully this will be more reliable. I tested this with some items modified in game. All properties were restored correctly.

January 30, 2012, 08:20:01 AM
Reply #2
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

you rock xwarren! thanks a lot! yeah, i ment null and anti magic, i dont know if there is any other, but if there is ill let you guys know. Thank you very much!