Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Rebuking Undead  (Read 5660 times)

February 06, 2012, 01:36:40 PM

Hi all.  Is there a way to make a creature turnable & destroyable but not controllable or subject to rebuke, under the PRC Turn Undead system?
HEATSTROKE

February 06, 2012, 02:52:58 PM
Reply #1
    • View Profile

There is this feat:
Turning Immunity
Feat Type: Class Feat
Prerequisite: Baelnorn Level 4

Description: The baelnorn is immune to turning attempts by good or neutral clerics. If rebuked or commanded by an evil cleric, the baelnorn is instead turned or destroyed.
but I can't find the code for it, so chances are it's not implemented. I'll have to search some more...
With current code it would be quite easy to add turn/rebuke immunity.

Edit: Just making sure I understand you correctly. You would like to make a creature turnable/destroyable by good/neutral clerics, but immune to rebuke/command attepts of evil clerics, right? Or should rebuke/command also turn/destroy that creature (like in baelnorns feat)?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 02:59:23 PM by xwarren »

February 06, 2012, 03:38:51 PM
Reply #2

Just making sure I understand you correctly. You would like to make a creature turnable/destroyable by good/neutral clerics, but immune to rebuke/command attepts of evil clerics, right?
Correct. 

Quote from: Terrors of the Deadlands
Immunity to Rebuking (Ex): The nature of the powerful curse that creates a cursed dead prevents it from being rebuked or controlled by clerics.  However, a cursed dead can be turned or destroyed.
HEATSTROKE

February 06, 2012, 03:47:20 PM
Reply #3
    • View Profile

That's easier than baelnorn's turning immunity. I'll add it.

Edit: Hehe. Templar has Create Undead spell :)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 03:49:37 PM by xwarren »

February 06, 2012, 04:51:34 PM
Reply #4

That's easier than baelnorn's turning immunity. I'll add it.

Edit: Hehe. Templar has Create Undead spell :)

Awesome.  And why is that funny?
HEATSTROKE

February 06, 2012, 06:45:52 PM
Reply #5

Along the same lines, is there a way to emulate this currently?

Turn Submission (Ex): Namechs have a weak link to the Gray.  The undead is turned or rebuked as if it were 4 HD lower.
HEATSTROKE

February 07, 2012, 01:40:00 AM
Reply #6
    • View Profile

Awesome.  And why is that funny?
It's not funny. I thought Templar has only 3 spells at lvl 8 (two symbols and one divination) so Create Greater Undead would be welcome there, but I was wrong - those 3 spells are at lvl 7 :/

Along the same lines, is there a way to emulate this currently?

Turn Submission (Ex): Namechs have a weak link to the Gray.  The undead is turned or rebuked as if it were 4 HD lower.
Sure, piece of cake.

Edit: I have modified turn undead scirpts - turning immunity, immunity to rebuking will only work for undead creatures. I hope this is OK. Still have to add entries in feat.2da.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 04:15:38 PM by xwarren »

February 07, 2012, 06:21:13 PM
Reply #7

Edit: I have modified turn undead scirpts - turning immunity, immunity to rebuking will only work for undead creatures. I hope this is OK. Still have to add entries in feat.2da.

Would it be a PITA to make them work the same for Elementals & Outsiders or are those handled differently?
HEATSTROKE

February 08, 2012, 02:26:07 AM
Reply #8
    • View Profile

Would it be a PITA to make them work the same for Elementals & Outsiders or are those handled differently?
No, but the script is getting a bit cluttered (GetIsTurnNotRebuke() is executed twice for each target etc). I'll have to figure out how to optimize it a bit.